question about this turbo

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
OK so im looking for a new turbo and i need it to be a pretty simple affair to put in. upon my searches i came across this "bolt in ct26 turbo". It clearly says that the factory oil and water lines fit perfectly but in the side by side picture you can see that one is different from each other. so here is my question am i looking at something wrong here? will this really fit with no modification?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
The center cartridge appears to be rotated. You would need to take the housings off (compressor & turbine) and remove the pins. After removing the pins, you would need to make sure the oil drain / feed is on the bottom.

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
MDCmotorsports;1510357 said:
The center cartridge appears to be rotated. You would need to take the housings off (compressor & turbine) and remove the pins. After removing the pins, you would need to make sure the oil drain / feed is on the bottom.

ohh ok thanks for the info, is this hard to do?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
My bad. Though the one you show if nothing but a stock turbo (supposedly "new", but I doubt it). In that case you could just buy a used one. The T61 appears to be a good upgrade though.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I think these are brand new. A coworker bought at turbo from these guys for his Passat and it was brand new made in China. Whether it actually performs and has the reliability of the OEM turbo is another matter...

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
But why in the world would you pay that much for a brand new stock CT26? You could pay probably less and get one that fits the same but has larger internals. Like the upgraded CT26 my buddy got and it gave him a little extra on the pull department!

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
91Supra313;1512105 said:
But why in the world would you pay that much for a brand new stock CT26? You could pay probably less and get one that fits the same but has larger internals. Like the upgraded CT26 my buddy got and it gave him a little extra on the pull department!

the same turbo is for sale cheaper some where else i am just exploring my options.

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
92nsx;1512462 said:
Cheap has struck another supra!! :nono:

me? i am not looking for the cheapest i am looking for the option that would provide me with the least amount of down time because i have no other vehicle to get to work or school. i don't know what the problem is it says there high speed tested and they actually have good reviews.