Question about pistons & rods

Breth

Breth
Dec 10, 2006
switzerland
www.erbacher.biz
I'm rebuilding my engine. I wanna use CP Psitons. So i have some connections for ordering theme, directly form CP, over a drag race team from Europe.

6 pistons coast me 850Dollars, but i found some kits in eBay for around 535Dollars, so now I'm asking myself if there is a difference between the expensive and the cheap one`s.?.?.?

Is 850 to much?

Can u help me? I have to make my decision till next week, then the ordering goes out.

I'm hoping for around 650hp.

Which connecting-rods are good enough for for a long living engine with big power.

I heard some different things about the Eagles, and I know they are made in China. So what else can i use? Pauter?, Crower?

Best regards Sascha

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I would use Eagles. 1100rwhp+ proven on the street. Ridiculous. If you have the cash, Carillo H-beams = make what you optimally can out of the fully built head.

As for pistons, save your cash. CP's are CP's.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Please provide the link to the 535 usd CP pistons on ebay. That is too low to be true. And 850 is way to high for CP. Middle to low 700's is normal.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
suprarich;1690916 said:
Please provide the link to the 535 usd CP pistons on ebay. That is too low to be true. And 850 is way to high for CP. Middle to low 700's is normal.

Why is $535 too low? I saw some the other day for the 1jz/2jz for that price. Who knows if they are legit though. I just grabbed a nice used set of 2jzgte pistons for $58, so im happy with my route. : p Not to mention the stock H beam style 2j rods are B-E-A-utiful.

Btw, OP, what engine? I can't see sigs in the tapatalk app, so if its listed sorry. : )

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXD9Oh4IHS8

I'll never recommend a rod that will only last one dyno pull for 1,000 rwhp. A lot of 2J block users are on Eagles.

I will use Eagles if I had them. Carillos like was in my last built engine are the best.

Pretty much any aftermarket H-beam is good enough these days, proven to hold.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
I got JE pistons and Manley rods. I was happy with both purchases from the respective companies (I GOT STICKERS!) Here's a nice pic of my 2J's OEM set beside the new JE-Manley set up. Manleys are a bit cheaper as not as well known.

p1711169_1.jpg

Am I useful, or what?