Quarter mile w/ stock supra and slicks?

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Hey everyone. I'm going drag racing this weekend with my completely stock 5spd turbo. I have some slicks available to me. I could run all 4 wheels with slicks but I was wondering if I would really gain from slicks being completely stock and all. Also, would it be fine to run slicks only in the back if I had too?

I'll post my times saturday night. Hopefully I do decent my first time out.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
when you say 4 slicks, does that mean 2 rear slicks, and front skinnies?

running slicks in the front will do nothing...
running slicks in the rear, on a bone stock car wont do much either, but it cant hurt.

and if its bone stock, dont get too excited about running good times, it takes a ton of maintenance just to get these cars back to the power they had from the factory, assuming that you stay with stock parts.

good luck, be sure to post time slips!

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
It has been so long since I have had a bone stock 5 speed, but if you mean the car is still like it was when it rolled off the show room floor( stock boost, airbox, exhaust, everythng stock) I think I was able to pull out middle 14's on street tires. See what you can do and let us know.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
If you are referring to skinnies up front, take advantage of them! Less weight, Less tire touching the ground = Less rolling resistance.

If not, Air up your front tires a few psi more than what you would normally run, and if you are running slicks outback, definately take advantage of that.
Just make sure to get them suckers warmed up good...otherwise they are useless.

Jeff