Q45 Throttle body and MAFT Pro

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Is there any Setting in v5.03 that need to be adjusted to get a Q45 Throttle body to work correctly ie throttle Body Size?

I tested the TPS and at no Throttle its reading .53, At full throttle its reading 4.93, Would this be a correct reading for a Q45 and if so, is there somethere in the MAFT Pro that it has to be Adjusted?

Thanks All
Robert

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
supraguy31;1368933 said:
Is there any Setting in v5.03 that need to be adjusted to get a Q45 Throttle body to work correctly ie throttle Body Size?

I tested the TPS and at no Throttle its reading .53, At full throttle its reading 4.93, Would this be a correct reading for a Q45 and if so, is there somethere in the MAFT Pro that it has to be Adjusted?

Thanks All
Robert

At idle the optimal reading is .385 according to Sean (the original guy who did the mod) I have only been able to dial in .32 and it is working well for me. Set TB size to 9 on the Maft-pro. 4.93 sound right at Wot.....I will double check though. Hope that helps, Val.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Check that.....actually before cranking the car...the TPS reads .28 and then after I fire it up goes to .32....I have no idea why that is. Granted I do not have a code 51, and I am not experiencing sluggish throttle response. So it works for me!

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
There are a number of parameters in the 'pro that use your expected tps voltages... part throttle tracking idle, and afr tracking back-off 70% thing come to mind. Have a read through the new 1.5 maftpro user manual.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
I know with the Stock TPS, My settings were exactly where Specified at Idle and WOT...

I did the Voltage check just with the Key in the On Position and it read .53v but when I started the car it went down to roughly .34 but once I get this Q45 Idle Issue Solved Im sure it will steady out alot more. As for the WOT, Im reading 4.93v so Im going to presume that is a good number.

I will set the TB at 9, I have Disabled AFR Tracking and PTT as Im still running a Narrow band with a Wide band. Havent found anyone Knowledgable enough to turn my car with just the Wideband and Unplugging the Narrowband. I love the MAFT Pro, Im just not a tuner or someone that want to attempt to Adjust something that might be wrong.

ANYONE IS WASHINGTON want to tune a MK2 7MGTE.......

Robert

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
supraguy31;1369522 said:
I know with the Stock TPS, My settings were exactly where Specified at Idle and WOT...

I did the Voltage check just with the Key in the On Position and it read .53v but when I started the car it went down to roughly .34 but once I get this Q45 Idle Issue Solved Im sure it will steady out alot more. As for the WOT, Im reading 4.93v so Im going to presume that is a good number.

I will set the TB at 9, I have Disabled AFR Tracking and PTT as Im still running a Narrow band with a Wide band. Havent found anyone Knowledgable enough to turn my car with just the Wideband and Unplugging the Narrowband. I love the MAFT Pro, Im just not a tuner or someone that want to attempt to Adjust something that might be wrong.

ANYONE IS WASHINGTON want to tune a MK2 7MGTE.......

Robert

as long as you are not getting a 51 and as long as you have no "flat spot" in your throttle I would leave it. The tracking parameters in the Pro apply only to open loop operation and because your wideband is still plugged in, I would not worry about those at this time. You can get a pretty good tune without running open loop on our cars.....

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
The stock tps typically gets around 3.4 volts when the throttle is pushed to the floor. If you have adjusted the maftpro to take this into account, the 4.93 volts you're getting now may have an effect. I can't access my maftpro right now or I'd tell you specifically which parameters to check.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
JimR;1369632 said:
The stock tps typically gets around 3.4 volts when the throttle is pushed to the floor. If you have adjusted the maftpro to take this into account, the 4.93 volts you're getting now may have an effect. I can't access my maftpro right now or I'd tell you specifically which parameters to check.

Well, If you get a chance I would greatly appreciate it. I changed the TB Size to 9 and my A/F at 700 rpms is between 14.7 - 15.5

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Just to confirm, can you explain how you disabled AFR Tracking and PTT tracking? Also, are you using the maftpro boost control feature?

Here are the parameters I would check:
- Response page: map enrichment and boost enrichment should be identical.
- Response page: map tps min should be around 0.6v for you (~0.1v above idle voltage)

- AFR Tracking page: min tps, set to 70% of your full throttle tps value. This is the parameter that will change the most. Subtract your idle voltage from your WOT voltage, and take 70% of this value. That would be 3.08volts in your case.
- Boost control page: Check tps spool.
- Boost control page: Check tps start. Should be 80% of WOT.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
JimR;1371669 said:
Just to confirm, can you explain how you disabled AFR Tracking and PTT tracking? Also, are you using the maftpro boost control feature?

Here are the parameters I would check:
- Response page: map enrichment and boost enrichment should be identical.
- Response page: map tps min should be around 0.6v for you (~0.1v above idle voltage)

- AFR Tracking page: min tps, set to 70% of your full throttle tps value. This is the parameter that will change the most. Subtract your idle voltage from your WOT voltage, and take 70% of this value. That would be 3.08volts in your case.
- Boost control page: Check tps spool.
- Boost control page: Check tps start. Should be 80% of WOT.

Tracking only works when you run the car open loop.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
black87turbo;1371919 said:

Yes, AND you have to disable it in the MAFT Pro if you're not using it... otherwise the two systems fight and the car runs like a three legged dog.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
black87turbo;1371919 said:

And are you keeping your car out of open loop all the time? ;-) That means under 70% throttle and 3500rpm.

There are two different forms of afr tracking with the maftpro. When I talk about "afr tracking", I'm referring to the medium and high load tracking. "ptt tracking", or part throttle tracking, is for everything else. ptt tracking is the one you want to disable if your ecu is still receiving an 02 sensor signal.