Purchasing Toyota Select Fit Bearing set

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Hello List,

I'm about to rebuild the bottom end of my 205,000 Mile 7M, and read that Toyota sells "select fit bearings" as replacements. My question: do those bearings come in a kit, one which includes all the different bearings for the 7M, or do I need to know exactly which size bearing is needed and purchase only those from Toyota?
Thanks, Van

sogi99

Jan 2, 2008
Elk Grove, CA
Van;1339246 said:
Hello List,

I'm about to rebuild the bottom end of my 205,000 Mile 7M, and read that Toyota sells "select fit bearings" as replacements. My question: do those bearings come in a kit, one which includes all the different bearings for the 7M, or do I need to know exactly which size bearing is needed and purchase only those from Toyota?
Thanks, Van

It depends if you are polishing or grinding your crankshaft otherwise there should be a number on the bearing if the bearing was still original toyota otherwise if you are getting your block machined, honed, etc. The machine shop will give you the correct bearings

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I must check my preferences as I'm not getting notices sent to me via email. That said... Thank you all very much, for the direction and information, as it has helped me. I've a local builder who is familiar w/2JZs (soon 7Ms) and he's going to help me with this rebuild. I plan to have it done by the NW National meet. Van