Project Lex (aka: Teh Bean) '92 SC300

Master_Spazez

Jun 4, 2011
SC
Halon;1756637 said:
Alright so here's a rundown of the dyno.
Some words here

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRN1QyANeS8

I love how your graph looks like somebody tried to draw Pac-Man on an Etch-A-Sketch.

Sweet build though. Thing has got to be a blast to drive.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Master_Spazez;1756667 said:
I love how your graph looks like somebody tried to draw Pac-Man on an Etch-A-Sketch.

Sweet build though. Thing has got to be a blast to drive.

Lolz, it does. I'm impressed with how steady the torque and power curves are, and how swollen the torque curve is, honestly...now I'm reconsidering my upgrade path to include a Borg Warner turbo. Power delivery on that beast has gotta be smooth as eggs. Great job, dude!

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks. Ever since I ran one on my Talon about 4 years ago, I've been a BW junky since. To each their own, but I love em. Also I wouldn't say that the smoothness is all in the turbo. The WG has a lighter spring, which I'm guessing has a lot to do with the gradual boost curve, which in the end has a lot to do with the gradual torque/hp curves. I'm guessing it'll look a little different once I get a stiffer spring in it, and turn it up to 30psi.

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
Just figured I'd update this, with the fact that there is nothing to update :) Since the dyno appointment, the car has been driven nearly 5 days/week, and has made several 500 mile round trips to Fargo and back. Not too many issues, so haven't touched a thing for the most part. The only issue that came up was one time the clutch slipped in 4th, but I think that was partially my fault for slipping it during normal driving/shifting too much that day, and also right before that pull. Hasn't slipped since. Man it's so nice to be able to just hop in, turn the key, and just go without having to tinker around or anything. Idles great, drives great, and still feels strong under WOT (already has a few kills under her belt). The exhaust note is pretty much perfect (with the exception of the WG dump, not a fan), sounds nearly stock when just cruising around, yet a bit louder when under WOT but not obnoxiously loud. I'm real happy with the spool time as compared to the Talon. This turbo so far seems to have been a perfect street/strip setup for my taste, with a great balance between power and lag. I'm sure the removal of ~6' of piping this winter will improve the spool by a few hundred RPM as well :)

Car has been a blast to drive, I'm excited every time I hop in. Even let some others ride/drive it, and they mostly have nothing but good to say. I'm equally as excited for winter to arrive so I can tear into her again and hopefully have it ready for 600hp in the spring!!

Plans this winter are:
- Homemade Front Facing Intake Manifold (eliminate ~6' of piping)
- IS300 COP/Wasted Spark ignition setup
- Tranny and rear diff (haven't fully decided on what to run yet)
- Zinc coated brake rotors (all I can find are slotted and/or drilled, anyone know where to find blank/solid rotors that are zinc'd?)
- Re-paint calipers (they look pretty beat up)
- Wheel spacers for the front wheels