Project 90 Turbo Reserection

erics3000

Mar 2, 2008
Florida
I figured I might as well Start a build thread this way I can keep all my questions together instead of a few different ones. This will be a slow thread though. I bought this car in 96. The month after I had the normal BHG. I went with a steel shim and heli coiled the head with a mild port job on the head since I had it off. Over the years I had upgrade the Intercoller, Turbonetics T04, 550 injectors, Lexus AFM, lightned flywheel, good clutch, adn feww other minor things. I popped in a set of Ehibach spings. I installed the rear TT MKIV brakes. I have the spindles for the front but never bought the calipers. If things work out good with the car in the next couple of months I will get MKIV calipers, some new struts, and hopefully sway bars.The car ran strong for the 3 years and finally gave up. I started bying parts and after about 4 years I never messed with the car just left the short block alone and moved the car with me over the years. I had to many other projects and it was always on the back burner. My plan is to get the car running good and broke in than may be a upgraded turbo. I have a VPC with a GCC sitting in the garage. I just want to get everything dialed in before I make more mods.I will get some pics up soon.

Here is where the car is today.

Weisco Forged Pistons decks cerma coated and skirts gel coated
balanced blueprinted
ARP Main, ROD, and Head bolts.
HKS 1.0 Stopper head gasket again (
I sent both my cams to Crane and had them cut
550cc walbro pump SX regulator

Now my Questions?????????????????????
When i bought my turbo it had the downpipe welded ti it with a dleta gate. I modifies it 12 years ago but it is now leaking. I have a ebay header but need to get a wastegate since mine is oval not square. I found a Vband on ebay cheap so I will have to weld it up and make a new downpipe. I figure if I upgrade the turbo down the road I can still use the new downpipe. Last time I made a downpipe I went to Napa and bought a couple 4 inch 90's and welded them up. What do you guys now a days?Ii will hit ebay for a decent wastegate any recomendations?? I don;t want to spend a lot of money right now because I hear a little knock and I want to make sure all my exhaust leaks are good first before I investigate further. Every connection on my turbo,adapter.wastegate had a blown gasket. The pipe is really in need of replacement. So I guess I should get a wastegate that can support my next turbo. All I want to make is about 500 or so to the wheels so I don't need a super big turbo.

Anyway I need to check into a wastegate and down pipe. I wish i could find a full 60-1 setup for sale at a decent price. AHHh I am just going to use my turbo and make new downpipe and get another wastegate. I need to sell my wastegate now. I will get some pics up of my old setup and the progress on the new pipe. I would rather buy one due to time..humm..off to ebay..

erics3000

Mar 2, 2008
Florida
Yeah I hope so. I found a few old pics of the car so I will upload them and take some pics of the cars poor current condition. I am going to start grinding my old down pipe off and weld up a vband. I need to call drift motion and ask them if they know if anyone tried using it? I will post some pics of my old frankenstein setup. It aint pretty but it did work for a few years back in the day with no leaks. I am just to old and lazy to try and reuse and get a leak. So I want to redo the setup. I have some electrical work to do in my office so I will post the pics up tonight. When I call drift motion and the ebay place I will post my info.