Progress in my baby

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
So I had a nice rod-knock\broken turbo and i thought about changing the whole engine while there and searched in my area for a JDM GTE but failed with that thought about other swaps and all failed because of missing parts on 1jz\2jz-gte.

I'm really tired and sick of not driving my supra around and enjoying it so i bought a complete n\a block and a new oem hg and new oem head bolts(since i couldn't get arps) i know that the n\a pistons have a higher cr but that doesn't matter while i'm not boosting more than stock or a little bit higher :biglaugh:

So about oil lines i'm gonna run a T on the oil pressure sender for the oil inlet to the turbo and I was confused about the return line I just don't like the idea of(drill a hole in the oil pan and let that be it) i'm gonna make another T on the Oil-cooler return line and connect it to the outlet of the turbo oil(Many may wonder that N\A blocks doesn't have an oil cooler well the block I got is a middle east spec block so it have an oil cooler.)

While i'm there I thought i'd change every gasket I can and every hose and plumbings and test the injectors.

Also my car doesn't have a VSV for the FPR that doesn't matter right? Some said it might cause problems when starting the car when the engine is hot?

I'm gonna torque the head-bolts to 72 that's what the stock bolts can hold as I read correct?

Any thing I should do more than all this while i'm here?