Prefered street legal tire that performs for drags too?

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
There is an upcoming race here locally called "King of the Street" I'm preparing for and I was wondering what performs at the drags but is still street legal.

They do not allow slicks or nitrous in this competition.

Anyone able to recommend a tire for me that will be nice and sticky for the race also?

SC Rydah

Sep 20, 2008
New Jersey
Oh yeah! the Kuhmo Victoracer V710 and the Hoosier A6 has a nice tread...a few grooves in it. Not quite full slick, but close enough! the Nitto NT555R AND the MT ET STREET RADIAL 2 are good. And the Toyo R888 is a bad street-legal tire too!! Super Sticky! DON'T DO TOO MANY BURNOUTS OUTSIDE OF A WATERBOX OR U MAY BREAK SOMETHING!! IM SERIOUS!!

Last edited:

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
MT ET Streets are real nice tires, used them on my old cutlass when I had it, really nice bite on both street and drags. Olds school Mcreay are great also :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Keros;1362247 said:
Or for an R compound tire: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42821, Kumho VictoRacer V700. If SC says it's good... it's good.

I wouldn't recommend the VictoRacer V700's for drag racing however. Sidewalls are too stiff and they won't last through burnouts very long.

It's a road race tire.

Poodles;1362385 said:
DOT approved drag radial...

Agreed. I'm partial to Mickey Thompson Drag Radials myself.

We run 8 second quarter miles on them. This is on a DOT approved, street legal M/T Drag Radial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHm1ZdRaL_k

NAS

Jul 10, 2009
Socal
Keros;1363091 said:
Wups, read right past the drags part.

Duurrr!

good all around tire would be the nitto nt01's... 100 treadwear but it isnt speciffically for drag so the sidewalls are still firm. but on the other hand its still amazing for the corners aswell...