power steering filtration???

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
jdub;1605107 said:
Never used that filter, but I use this one - in fact, just did the annual change out on my cars:
http://www.magnefine.com/html/filtration.html

Adding a inline power steering to the system is a excellent idea ;)

I run the same one, got mine at napa. Have you ever cut one open to see how much junk was trapped in it after use? I was thinking about cutting mine when I change it but not sure how to go about it without destroying it...

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
xt32 - Yep, that's it - good price too. See if he'll sell ya a couple of them with a free ship ;)
Put it on the return line to the resv.

I have cut them open using a band saw - the filter will be destroyed as a result. First time there was a fair amount of crap in the filter. Subsequent changes showed a lot less - I guess as the crap got filtered out over time. That was after a fluid change too.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
jdub;1605664 said:
xt32 - Yep, that's it - good price too. See if he'll sell ya a couple of them with a free ship ;)
Put it on the return line to the resv.

I have cut them open using a band saw - the filter will be destroyed as a result. First time there was a fair amount of crap in the filter. Subsequent changes showed a lot less - I guess as the crap got filtered out over time. That was after a fluid change too.

Cool, I'll give it a shot then. When I put my filter in it was after a fluid change but who knows what was still stuck in there.

Oh, by destroying the filter I meant destroying it in a way that I would contaminant the results when viewing the filter. I was thinking I'd use a dremal and cut off one end but wasn't sure if that would send plastic and cutoff wheel bits into the filter...