Post a pic of your recent purchase

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
spiller;1850575 said:
p1850637_1.jpg

^^^ doesnt get built until September but should hopefully have it by October. Will be a nice daily and little brother to the Supra :)
Good man... If you twisted my arm and made me confess what I'd buy if I HAD to buy a NEW car, either this or the BRZ would be my only real choice. Corvettes are still way too expensive, and everything else built anymore is way too fat, save for the Miata.

Which brings me to my next point... the next iteration of the Miata should be pretty cool from what I've been reading. I do wonder how the FRS/BRZ would stack up to an S2000 overall, I think that would be a good comparison.

Timmyd87

Jun 11, 2012
Virginia BEach, Va
honestabe;1850158 said:
Quit my job yesterday, got a new one this morning (less pay for now), and bought myself a brand new S&W M&P 40. 2 15-round mags, case, lock, 3 sizes of back grips, even the test fire round from the factory. And of course a box of Hornady carry rounds and a box of target practice rounds. Gotta work on my skills to get qualified in my new job (security officer).

2ztj7lk.jpg

The M&Ps are legit, I have a compact in a .45 and love it. One of my favorite carry guns.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
te72;1850637 said:
Which brings me to my next point... the next iteration of the Miata should be pretty cool from what I've been reading. I do wonder how the FRS/BRZ would stack up to an S2000 overall, I think that would be a good comparison.
My dad has an S2000 and I can tell you stock for stock, the S2000 has MUCH better straight line performance. I drove an 86 for the first time yesterday and it really lacks mid-range torque. It does feel slow when you're used to forced induction but the chassis feels beautiful. The driving position is more like something of a supercar and the steering is very sharp and direct. The things that are good about this car are all very hard to produce on a tuner budget. Power upgrades are much easier so im not too concerned. At this stage I think ill look at supercharging, HKS have a kit in the works and a few other companies will probably follow suit. First thing it will get is wheels and coilovers though!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
spiller;1850843 said:
My dad has an S2000 and I can tell you stock for stock, the S2000 has MUCH better straight line performance. I drove an 86 for the first time yesterday and it really lacks mid-range torque. It does feel slow when you're used to forced induction but the chassis feels beautiful. The driving position is more like something of a supercar and the steering is very sharp and direct. The things that are good about this car are all very hard to produce on a tuner budget. Power upgrades are much easier so im not too concerned. At this stage I think ill look at supercharging, HKS have a kit in the works and a few other companies will probably follow suit. First thing it will get is wheels and coilovers though!
Makes me wonder how the FRS engine would behave if revved another 2000 rpm... S2000 performance and a better chassis?

dmp316

Yard Man
Jan 25, 2011
Cape Coral,FL and Jamaica
spiller;1850843 said:

I agree with you with S2000. Its really a wicked car. Congrats on the BRZ i would love to see that supercharged and on a dyno.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
te72;1851045 said:
Makes me wonder how the FRS engine would behave if revved another 2000 rpm... S2000 performance and a better chassis?
Perhaps it could althought their dual direct-port injection system is pretty quirky and its all a bit over my head. I expect the top end to be there (the car I drove was VERY new so hadnt been broken in) but the mid-range is the real issue. Should easily be fixable with some breathing mods and a tune at minium. But it deosnt have that "vtec yo" kick in your back like the S2000 does. This feels more like a proper sports car though!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Well, with the extra rpms, I would be looking to install more aggressive gears to balance it all out... that way the mid-range isn't a problem anymore. :)

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
the AUD model comes with more aggressive 4.11 final drive. you guys get the 3.9...you MPG obsessed mofo's...your gas is 1/3 the price of ours LOL! :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
spiller;1851456 said:
the AUD model comes with more aggressive 4.11 final drive. you guys get the 3.9...you MPG obsessed mofo's...your gas is 1/3 the price of ours LOL! :)
Never understood that. Why not just give us a 6th gear that really isn't all that useful, and meant only for highway cruising? A .50 gear ratio for 6th would accomplish good MPG, and you could have 5 fun gears to use...

Clint;1851652 said:
I took the dive and ordered this for the supra today, View attachment 58872 I've herd good and bad about it, but I am going to test it out and if it works well enough for me I may order more for my other cars.

More info found here.
http://www.erisin.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=253
You'll have to let me know how that works out for you man. :)

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
te72;1852095 said:
Never understood that. Why not just give us a 6th gear that really isn't all that useful, and meant only for highway cruising? A .50 gear ratio for 6th would accomplish good MPG, and you could have 5 fun gears to use...
yeah its unfortunate for you guys but obviously its cheaper for the manufacturer to use different diffs than different gearboxes. By the same token, its easier to swap the diff gearing aftermarket than the gearbox :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I understand why it's done, but really... how often are you going to be "using" 6th gear with an engine that revs that high? Even 5th on my setup doesn't begin until over 150mph...