Possible to adjust below stock boost w/boost controller? Wondering about bhp on setup

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Hi,

I'm wondering.. is it possible to adjust below stock boost level w/boost controller?

Also, the stock 238bhp, is this on crank?

Just want to know as I need to aprove my GE to GTE swap, and probably need a dyno session. So I'm wondering if it's possible to get 238bhp or less with lex AFM, 550's, AFPR and walbro fuel pump? And then just adjust boost level up again after dyno session.

Scott

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
But why would you want to dyno at a lower boost level, just to turn it back up again afterwards? I am lost.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
he needs to pass an inspection for his swap. needs to show that he does not have too much hp for his chassis. otherwise he has issues licensing it

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
damn glad im not in Norway. is dyno is manditory when swaping an engine that was offered stock in a car? seems overkill... i could see if you put a v12 in a corolla or something it never belonged in. mk3 gte is an absolute turd in stock trim imo. bpu it just begins to start to wake up enough to be even road worthy. again "imo" dont hate

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
IJ.;1700750 said:
And fail visual....:nono:

but then the zip ties and duct tape would look out of place

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Are they allowed to remove hoses? If not maybe a restrictor plate is in order?

Last edited: