Please help identify where these plugs go?!?!

pandaboi92

Aug 21, 2008
San Bruno, CA
Hi there. Im in the process of a 1.5jz swap in my 89-. I need help identifying these plugs. I cant for the life of me figure out where they go, if theyre used, or if i have to swap plugs from the old 7m harness to the 1jz harness engine harness im using. Itd also help if you guys could tell me what goes where parts wise (that bolt to the bay itself) if anythings missing from the pictures.

Thanks in advance
-Daniel

(driver's side of engine bay near strut)
p1523898_1.jpg

(Driver's side of engine bay near where battery goes)
p1523898_2.jpg

(passenger side, up front, in engine bay)
p1523898_3.jpg

(passenger side behind where fender would be, up front)
p1523898_4.jpg

(Near ABS unit on passenger side in engine bay)
p1523898_5.jpg

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
In the 1st pic and last pic, the square 4pin is for TEMS but doesn't look like you have them anymore. The big cirle one is fuel injector resistor, you don't need it unless your using hi resistance injectors.

In the 2nd picture, the clear plug in the middle looks to be a 4pin connector(square) goes to a relay thats usually moutned near the strut tower. The square two pin connector goes to i believe an "electronic silencer" Its a black sqare box that has the same connector on it and gets grounded to the body. I'll see if i can get pics of the silencer. I can't figure out what the gray connector is. need a closer picture.

I forget what 3rd and 4th pics are. but the two big circle ones look like they go together. I'll see if I can look at mine to see what they go to. Might need close ups of each connector/pin configuration. Sorry thats all I got.

pandaboi92

Aug 21, 2008
San Bruno, CA
Youve helped me a lot. That eliminates about half of the headache ive been having. thank you. I appreciate your time. Ill try to get closer pictures of the plugs posted today. and if your able to take a look and post pics of yours that be awesome. Thank you again.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

O! question. even tho i never had tems in my car. would those two white square plugs still be for tems?

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
hmm. good point. u sure it didn't come with tems? If it didn't then it could be something else. need a close up on the plug.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
those white ones look like tems, the car might have had it at some point before you owned it, unless you're the original owner.

the grey one in the 2nd pic is the C1 connector, the power to the fusebox

the third pic is a/c stuff iirc

the fourth pic is for the window washer fluid resevoir

pandaboi92

Aug 21, 2008
San Bruno, CA
ok you guys are awesome. But i took a look at my friends supra today. and it looks like the only plug i need to worry about hooking up is the big gray plug in pic 1, and the square plug in pic 2 (assuming thats the power to the fuse box). but im still a little unsure about the clear square plug in pic 2. my friends 89 supra did not have that plug connecting anywhere. and as far as wiring his bay has been untouched.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

o! and for the large gray plug in pic 1 and the gray square plug in pic 2. both of his went to the engine harness for the 7mgte. so if possible need help figuring out where, how, or if those need to be connected to the 1jz harness.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
pandaboi92;1524967 said:
and as far as wiring his bay has been untouched.

This I would have to see. I've never seen an unmolested wiring harness from a supra.