pissed at my jeep

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
so i bought a 88 jeep comanche. inline six auto with less then a 100,000 mi. the stupid thing has a closed cooling system. a single row radiator and dummy light for everything. i like it but it just seems so cheap compared to my supra or any other toyota i worked on. plus its american all my tools are metric. anyway am swapping the gage cluster with all mechanical gages. and open cooling system and a three row radiator. am just fusterated with it right now. will be last american vehicle i buy. at least parts are cheap. anyone eles have this problem?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The only american made vehicles I own is a 2005 F150 and a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero and Ive never had to touch a wrench to either one of them. The Alero has been a dream machine. We've had it for eight years and I just put plugs in it for the first time about a month ago. The only time I've ever had to pop the hood other than to check the oil even though I've never had to add a drop of oil to it. Force of habit to check the oil in all my vehicles.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Jeeps are annoying. They're fun to drive, yes, but their so idiosyncratic in their construction it's hardly worth it to buy one. I've always like jeeps for off-roading, especially the old CJ's, but I've despised pretty much every one I've ever worked on.