piggy back or standalone

n4itb

im almost done with my 7mgte build i just need help with one thing. should i piggy back my ecu or go standalone? the block is bored, i have 550 injecters and a big turbo. at high boost i will be running 30psi and the lowest 18psi i would i to start the cae in two weeks and this is the only thing stopping me now :aigo:

87targa

Nov 14, 2005
Utah
I personally would go standalone, granted I run a MaftPro. It will cause you headaches at first to get it running correctly and daily drivable but in the long run less headaches.

That's my 2 pennies.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What turbo are you running? 30psi on a big turbo like a 61mm-67mm is prolly going to be more than those injectors can handle.

Also both of those would need to be tuned correctly.

Standalone is my vote.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya but what size is the wheels? Like a mp t70? OR 61mm or gt35?

Ar is just how big the housing is for the wheel. Simply put. A ar.70 housing on a gt28 is going to be a lot smaller than a ar.70 housing on a gt35.

Boostedmkiii91

May 23, 2010
Wisconsin
If your running The high of boost levals your gonna want to go with standalone so you can control your ignition timing. PLus the price on AEm ems series one just dropped due to the relase of series 2. Plus with a standalone system you will have alot easier time doing a complete tune. And also its just more fun to have a laptop plugged in while driving to fuck with everything!