Pete's Supra

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
So I finally got the supra on the road. Runs smooth and drives good. Now all I have to do is pass the car through inspection and get it registered. Here are some pics

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is where it was hit...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Motor all put back together...
p1323239_1.jpg

CT26 60-1
p1323239_2.jpg

Plastic panels I bought from shaeff (car didn't come with them)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

MK4 Wheels (dropped them off to get refinished)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

All the car needs now is suspension, boost gauge, boost controller, new brake lines and it will be all set

Last edited:

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
ummm you realize you need to machine that block to a 30ra to seal tha metal headgasgket meaning you need it out of he car. if you just machine the head it will not seal and you will be removing the engine again which you should have done in the first place.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
also you dont order a headgasket in any thickness until you know how much the machine shop is goinng to remove....sorry if i sound like a dick i dont want you to get this far into this without following the correct steps or your going to be dissapointed.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Supra90gr;1324110 said:
I believe you were the previous owner...

Yup. I see you edited your original post. Curious to know how the mishimoto radiator was shot as it was brand new and running great for me when I sold it. The car also didn't have any cooling issues. I bet the other guy beat the crap out of it before you bought it. You can search my posts and find the thread where the other buyer was trying to call me out.

It also should have whiteline sway bars already on the car unless he took them off.

Post more pics, please. Specifically where it was fixed and interior. You got a very nice supra on the cheap. Take good care of her.

Edit: Oh, and that ct26 there isn't so old and should already be a 57-trim ;)

Links about the car:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89157

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88441

I forgot that I had deleted the pics of the car already. If you would like pics of when the car was hit and shots that I have of the car just ask.

Last edited:

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Supra90gr;1324410 said:
I do have the pic's. I have them in my flash drive that I misplaced in my room. the reason I edited my post was cause i wanted to correct that it was the driver side and not the passenger. The radiator had leaks behind the A/C fans. I traded the whitelines for ST's. Turbo has a good amount of shaft play. How many miles were on the car when he bought it from you? Right now it has 89075. It was never registered by him either because his name is Peter, but the title says Charest Kenneth. Anything else I should know about the car?

Yes, that would be me. I can tell you that when I sold the car that mishi radiator was perfect. Like I said, I can almost guarantee that guy beat the crap out of the car before you got it. He told me the car was getting a new headgasket and all that jazz a week after I sold him the car. Apparently, he's still a liar. Did he get the body fixed, or was it you? I'm really surprised that the car as a whole is still in great shape.

I believe it had 88,900 miles when I sold it. Less than 100K and you're the fifth owner.. crazy. The only other thing I know of is that the driver side front brake line is halfway clogged and the car will pull to the left if the brakes are depressed in a hard stop.

Why did you trade those whitelines?? Not a good decision in my opinion.

Do some long reading in the oil section here. I always ran seven quarts of german castrol 0w-30 european formula (says "made in germany" on the back of the bottle) and a purolator pureone filter.

Also, I still have some parts to sell that I originally bought for the car if you're interested :naughty:

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
tbcmorris;1324152 said:
a stock block with a composite headgasket has to many imperfections to seal a MHG

Please Listen too him! it will worth your while iam sure you dont want to be doing this again a year down the road!

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
Supra90gr;1324847 said:
It will be fine. Machine shop said it's not necessary. Next year I will be doing a swap if my finances agree with me lol. I wish my digi would be fixed already (damn best buy) so I can take more pictures of the car. The head came back today and it's ready to be put on. The block is being prepped as I type this. Now all I'm waiting for is for the stock turbo to get back with the 60-1 upgrade.:icon_razz

i dont care what your ignorant machine shop said....it is a FACT. if your so stuborn as to not take such a simple correction in your false procedures...i will be the first in line to buy this car from you since i know ctsupra took tgreat care of it. when you make your fuck 7m's thread im selling this peice of shit i will be waiting.

it is a FACT.....one more time FACT that a stock block has too many imperfections to seal a MHG....the sealing surfaces to UPGRADE to a mhg have to be almost perfect...thats a 30 ra...like a mirror finish.

i am not trying to bust you balls but your being stubborn and thats like my biggest pet peive. i do this sit for a living. i work at 2 race shops...V.J. Shaivo race cars and pruven performance. and i bust my asws to help the ct guys out....ask anyone. 7m engines are not like some other engine that im sure this "machine shop" has dealt with. they have quirks and this is a big one....that said if you still wont listen i am done preaching and best of luck...im sorry if this pisses you off but damn take advice.

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
tbcmorris;1324970 said:
ok...it will last for a period of time...be wary of turning up the boost;)

The car is on the road and it runs like a champ. Headgasket has sealed properly. Did a few pulls at 12lbs and it gets up and moves. More updates coming soon.... Suspension, boost gauge, boost controller, brake lines, mk4 wheels and it seriously needs a buff job lol.

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
tbcmorris;1344946 said:
Did I not say it won't LAST. I am not at all susprised its driveable....let's see for how long

Well I dunno maybe I'm lucky lol. My buddies 88 with a gt35r at 24psi didn't resurface the block only the head and he has no issues. My buddies 87 same setup as me never resurfaced his block and he beats it like it owes him money for 3 years now and the car is fine.... Like i said, if it goes it goes I'll park it and do either a 1j or 2j swap. It's a project car and I don't need it to be on the road daily... Thanks for the concern though.