Personal Best Mid Ohio Time

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
I was able to borrow a friends camera which enabled me to actually take some video for once in about 5 years.

Here is a link to my new personal best at mid o a 1:39.1 confirmed via amb transponder. This was on the lastish event of the year (on fence about putnam). I should with a fresh set of tires next year be mid ohio run 1:38s with a personal goal next year of a 1:37.anything. my goal this year was a 1:19.XX at putnam and a 1:39.XX at mid o. My putnam time in the spring was a 1:20.06 so I may go out in October and try again.

[video=youtube;Y1_Oqk69JvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_Oqk69JvA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCbcux-HTh8IhyefgW5QaQg[/video]

Last edited:

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
supraguru05;1963601 said:
I was able to borrow a friends camera which enabled me to actually take some video for once in about 5 years.

Here is a link to my new personal best at mid o a 1:39.1 confirmed via amb transponder. This was on the lastish event of the year (on fence about putnam). I should with a fresh set of tires next year be mid ohio run 1:38s with a personal goal next year of a 1:37.anything. my goal this year was a 1:19.XX at putnam and a 1:39.XX at mid o. My putnam time in the spring was a 1:20.06 so I may go out in October and try again.

[YT]Y1_Oqk69JvA[/YT]
I copied the link and went to U Tube and searched and found it. Wow! That was exciting! Good thing no one hit U... What set of tires were U running in that race?

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
fixed the video. This forum uses a different embed code than another I am on. I run Hoosier A6s when I am running for times and Continental scrubs when I am practicing

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
supraguru05;1963635 said:
fixed the video. This forum uses a different embed code than another I am on. I run Hoosier A6s when I am running for times and Continental scrubs when I am practicing
What rear end ratio is in the car? What are the car's specs for race day? Thanks.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
funny you should ask about the rear end ratio. I dont know what it is. But I have become gear limited and have had to use 5th at mid o, and 4th at putnam more than my liking. I hope I have the shorter of the two ratios that came in the turbo cars so I can switch to the taller gearset.

not sure what you mean by setup. my springs are 1350 lb/in in the front and 600 lb/in in the rear. The shocks are oem replacement bilsteins with stock valving. sway bars are suspension techniques and I made the end links. Camber is around 2.5 in the front and 2 in the rear.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Thanks for sharing. I am also interested in the weight, the engine and the balance and feel of the car while driving at the limit. Thanks.