Performance Alignment

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
The supra is in need of an alignment as I think it was more then likely done incorrectly before I got it. The steering feels very "numb" and pulls to the right just a bit. Im looking to do auto cross and a little track racing this year so a more aggressive alignment would be good.

I have been given some starting numbers from miata and civic guys but its they're not a supra. What I'm looking for is some numbers that others have had good results with on the MK3?

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
here are my current specs. I just switched to poly bushings so this is my first try. I will be changing the toe as I can.

Max caster front (8.45)
Max and match camber front (-1.25)
total front toe 0.13

max rear camber (-1.5)
total rear toe 0.26

more toe in would allow more power to be put down on corner exit. The main issue with these cars is lack of camber. I finished my upper mounts and my next project will be offset control arm bushings.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
I should probably try and keep some steering response for now.

Do you have any info on the upper mounts and control arm bushings in the making?

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
For AutoX I would go with minimum To-In in for the rear. Hunter specs start at 0.22 Total for rear ,don't go lower because you might need it if you are pushing it on the street too...

MK3 would not be competitive on AutoX ,unless you find a way to set your front static camber at least at -3 ,but underSteering car is kind of good if your are just getting into AutoX ,car control etc. So set your camber up front as negative as possible ,I always set mine with .1 difference (Driver side less negative).