PC install take two pics inside.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
I was not happy with my first effort so i had another go at it. I got a second center consol and here are my results.
Here is what it was like.
p726455_1.jpg

And here is what it is like now.

p726455_2.jpg

p726455_3.jpg

p726455_4.jpg

p726455_5.jpg

p726455_6.jpg

p726455_7.jpg

Unfortunatley i scratched the monitor this time. Not been able to find a solution for this so i am open to suggestions. I can replace it of course but they are not cheap.
Hope ya all like it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Metallica FTW!!!!!!!!!

That second job looks awesome. You must learn quick................:love:

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
very nice man....i have a friend who did this in his 3000gt...he mounted a little further back than stock, then he popped the face off of the stock cassette player, and he used it as a faceplate to hide the screen when he was not using it. it looks like the car has a completely stock cassette player when the face is on. you could never tell even if you were looking right at it from 4 feet away.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I'm really liking this concept.. although I would keep it very simple compared to pc use.. like mainly real time date logging from the ecu and of course dvds. maybe I'll follow this route once I get serious with my ride.

89 Black Beauty

Supra Alarm & Stereo Guy
Jan 11, 2006
Abbotsford
suprahero said:
Metallica FTW!!!!!!!!!

That second job looks awesome. You must learn quick................:love:

i noticed that too..

go james!

is it one?

where about is the computer located? is it a notbook hard drive??

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Sorry for the slow reply guys my pc was being repaired. It is a lilliput 7" monitor. I have a purpose made car pc under the passenger seat.
If i have time i will do some sort of write up. It took me about 6 go's to get the paint to look like that. I nearly gave up on it.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
if you have an extra pci slot left in the computer you built you can run a wifi card, one that will allow a screw on antenna.. that way you can run the wire for the antenna to the roof and have the wifi antenna sticking out on top, similar to a satelite radio antenna. Or, is that a usb port I see installed in the dash? You can pick up a usb style wifi adapter that will let you do the same thing, so you can hook it up temporarily when you need net access. That way if you park in say, a starbucks, you can get free internet access. and if you have a wireless network at your house it will allow you to connect your car pc to your home network and transfer music and such right from your home pc.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
fiyota said:
if you have an extra pci slot left in the computer you built you can run a wifi card, one that will allow a screw on antenna.. that way you can run the wire for the antenna to the roof and have the wifi antenna sticking out on top, similar to a satelite radio antenna. Or, is that a usb port I see installed in the dash? You can pick up a usb style wifi adapter that will let you do the same thing, so you can hook it up temporarily when you need net access. That way if you park in say, a starbucks, you can get free internet access. and if you have a wireless network at your house it will allow you to connect your car pc to your home network and transfer music and such right from your home pc.
Thanks for the tips. The pc is at5 a mates house just now getting a bigger hd fitted. It is a usb in the dash i use if my memory stick. I don't have a wireless connection but i think it will be worth getting soon.