opinions on this deal?

jenny89

Mar 22, 2012
andersonville tn
First off I apologize if this is in the wrong section. It kinda fits into a couple

Anyway I have been doing a rebuild on my 7mge and I am at the point where it is ready for reassembly, however I just found the following for sale for 350$

7mgte with rod knock
Upper and lower intakes and tb
exhaust manifold with t3 flange
5 je pistons ( idk where number 6 is)
9x 440 injectors
6x ge green plug injectors
1 ge ecu
1 yellow plug gte ecu
1 grey plug gte ecu with harness ( harness was modified for cressida and is missing cps connector, csi connector, and all emissions connectors. Probably more stuff missing it was heavily modified)
2 alternators
2 ps pumps
2 water pumps
2 starters
trd oil cap
fuel rail
7mgte afm
lexus afm
coil packs and bracket
I believe all sensors
cps with no connector (it was hardwired to the harness)

I have a 6m crank with bearings to fit that I was going to put In my ge but from searching the forums it seems that my crank and bearings should fit the gte. Correct?

Also the gte in question supposedly has had block and head machined with hks headgasket.
Any opinions on whether or not I should take this deal? Im on a bit of a budget.

ill see if I can get the pics on here.

Last edited:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
i think that's a good deal. AFAIK i think a complete BHG GTE motor is worth around 350-500 depends on condition. That's just a long block with turbo mani and intake mani if you're lucky. Seems like this comes with almost everything. I sold my long block with turbo mani and a used ct26 for $400. Stock motor with BHG.

jenny89

Mar 22, 2012
andersonville tn
Yea it sounded like a pretty good deal to me too. Thanks for your input. I already have alot of the extra stuff but spares never hurt lol and im sure somebody on here could use some of the stuff. Im thinkin ill get it and hold off til I can get everything I need and just do the gte swap

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
A Steal. Just the 5 Pistons alone make up for the price. & Correct. the 6M crank & bearings will fit the GTE block. The block itself will have oil jets & oil passages already made for the turbo pressure & return.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The 6th piston was probably melted.. and maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to run pistons that were subjected to that kind of abuse..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
^yeah I would definitely have them all mic'd to make sure they are all within tolerance before you bought another one.

jenny89

Mar 22, 2012
andersonville tn
If anyone is curious the pistons were used and the 6th one was melted lol he said he got the five from a friend. He had this 7m in a cressida he used for drifting and said he has never had it apart. Its an older model jdm engine that doesnt have the extra ribs and wider bearing supports and also doesnt have the oil squirters which apparently is common on jdm engines. But I talked him into 300$ for everything minus the 440 injectors and went ahead and bought it