OKay here is one for you car experts C:

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
I just rebuilt the head of my 1986 crx si, it has the ew4/d15a3 engine they are the same code. A WOT the car has a massive bog issue, But at half way it acts like normal. While I had the throttle body off i noticed it had TWO butterfly flaps, one was smaller and was the primary for minimum throttle, the second and larger was for maximum throttle. Any ideas? My own personal guess is that somehow my air/fuel isn't getting read through the second one.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
laotionracer101;1689412 said:
I just rebuilt the head of my 1986 crx si, it has the ew4/d15a3 engine they are the same code. A WOT the car has a massive bog issue, But at half way it acts like normal. While I had the throttle body off i noticed it had TWO butterfly flaps, one was smaller and was the primary for minimum throttle, the second and larger was for maximum throttle. Any ideas? My own personal guess is that somehow my air/fuel isn't getting read through the second one.

you r best bet with these motors is to swap the electronincs and manifolds over from the si motor, the d16a6. there are plenty of write uops for the process and most mparts can be found at a junk yard for pretty cheap.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
laotionracer101;1693249 said:
Hmm.. Idk man.. how is a 1.6 computer going to work on a 1.5?

its a very comon upgrade, more aggressive tune and better programmed injection. get on honda-tech.com and read thru the faqs for the 88-91 civic/cr-x

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
87mk111;1693266 said:
its a very comon upgrade, more aggressive tune and better programmed injection. get on honda-tech.com and read thru the faqs for the 88-91 civic/cr-x

for a second there I LITERALLY thought you had said "Read thru the FAGS for the 88-91.."

to OP = :gotrice:

JK Calm down im being sarcastic :biglaugh:

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
87mk111;1693266 said:
Hmm And that will work on my 86? i'll check it out

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
D.J.T.;1693292 said:
for a second there I LITERALLY thought you had said "Read thru the FAGS for the 88-91.."

to OP = :gotrice:

JK Calm down im being sarcastic :biglaugh:

lol well there some fags on there...

to the op: yeah it should work as long as you get all parts needed to run the SI electronics and manifolds. its probably choking because that second flapper is not opening when it should.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
Damn.. Well it runs, after about 4k i can go WOT.. but i guess i can drive it till i get a hold of a d16.. It also has a DEADLY pulsating rev.. Sooo annoying

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
laotionracer101;1693308 said:
Damn.. Well it runs, after about 4k i can go WOT.. but i guess i can drive it till i get a hold of a d16.. It also has a DEADLY pulsating rev.. Sooo annoying

youi should be able to pick up either a d15b7 or d16a6 for za couple undred bucks. they both make around 105hp and will still get decent gas mileage. for the d16a6 you could do either obd0 or obd1, and for the d15b7, obd1. keep an eye on craigslist, im sure someone in your area will be pulling their d series for a b or h swap and want to sell off their oldd engine and tranny.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
You problem lies with the car. Upgrade the car problem solved lol. Sounds like a vacuum issue almost. If what you were talking about with the throttle body its probably like a spread bore carburetor. Has a smaller primary side for cruising and better gas mileage. The secondary side is the bigger butterfly flaps this allows more air to be intaked into the engine giving you the Better performance but poor gas mileage. The Ecu will see when you go from mild or part throttle to full throttle via a maf sensor or map sensor. Unless the crx is carb'd then it just uses a little arm that is hooked to the throttle linkage to push on a small diaphragm to spray fuel into the Carb during the first initial push of the throttle or off the line. Then a fuel jet takes over from there. I hope I read the op's question right. Or else I just gave a little basic schooling for you who don't know how the TB or Carb setup works lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
northwestsupra;1693350 said:
Btw I hate Honda's. Just wanted to let you all know

i ahte some hondas, like the 89 accord i had in high school. 2.0l, 2bbl, 5,000 mles of vacuum lines. that thing was a pain to trouble shoot vacuum leaks on.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
I was recently looking at getting one for my next car but everyone of them was already molested by some noob and removed the little dignity the car would have provided and sent it into the negatives lol

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
sir, i do know what carburetters are. This crx Is SI .. meaning sport injected, This was actually the first year model of fuel injection for the chassis. C;

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
if you can get a newer d series for heap, i would just that route. parts for the d series are sooooooooooo cheap. im boosting the a6 thats in my 90 SI. my total in parts will be about the same a b16 swap, but hopefully around 220hp, instead of 160 from the b16.