oil squrter delete wrist pin stavation ?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i have never done this with a 7mgte before but by my under standings this will free up some power by not have excuse amonte of oil under my pistons , plus i am running crank scarper so this extra oil is not helping scarper much

reason behind this is i getting my piston coated, so i will not longer need the cooling affects that it provides

now the only question i have left is will i have wrist pin starvation problem ?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
non turbo 7M's dont have piston oil squirters.. I am in the progress of doing NA-T on my car.. Several other people have used the NA Blocks without oil squirters... TO my understanding you should be fine.. But maybe an extensive engine expert with the 7M's could chime in

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
oh i think i will be fine too it's the scrapper i wounding about should be fine but i thought i would ask

remember the piston are splashed lubed if i had riffled rods there would be no issue at all

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
We don't use the squirters in the malta dragster. 1400 RWHP and the rods are not rifle drilled either. Just the oil accumulators on the CP pistons is all that is oiling the pins Nash. No problems at all.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i am not going to use them i should be fine

well at lest now peoepl can read this and have there question answered

mk3ukr

Apr 12, 2005
Odessa, Ukraine
mk3ukr-supra.net
suprarich;1626619 said:
We don't use the squirters in the malta dragster. 1400 RWHP and the rods are not rifle drilled either. Just the oil accumulators on the CP pistons is all that is oiling the pins Nash. No problems at all.

Rich, what is oil accumulator on CP pistons?

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Generally, on many "performance" pistons, they have holes that are drilled from the oil scraper ring, to the pin bores.

There are also a few that just allow oil back onto the underside of the piston/rod.

The holes that are drilled into the pin bores "pressure" lubricate the pins at that point. A small hole drilled in the top of the rod so the piston pin is lubricated is also a possible route so it's splash lubricated there as well. (If you have that, make sure the bronze bushing on your rod small end has the correct lined up hole to allow the oil in, or it will not work.)

As the piston descends on the intake and power strokes, the oil rings scrape the bore walls, and the oil is forced through the holes, around the piston pins, and splashed into the rod bushing. (If it has that feature.)

This is also a great transfer of heat from the bore walls and pistons, into the oil, and that hot oil falls back into the pan, where it can be pumped back out of the engine, cooled and then returned if you have the right setup.

The oil squirters just increase the amount of cooling. (The stock rods also have squirter holes in the shoulders, that spray oil on the thrust side of the bores, further cooling and lubricating a potential wear area.)

It's proven you do not have to have this stuff to make a powerful 7M, but unless you replace parts with ones that don't have these features, I would not remove them unless you have a good reason. (Oil pressure is a good reason, but I'd increase the flow, v/s reduce the amount of volume loss via things like the stock oil squirters. Getting rid of the stock oil holes in the rod shoulders is a good idea, in that it makes the rods stronger in my opinion, and you have more oil pressure at the rod bearings without that "leak" source.)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Do you still have the Oil hole in the beam of the Rods Nash?
(it sprays onto the thrust side then from the Oil rings into the wrist pins.

The "Squirters" have nothing to do with wrist pin oiling.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IJ.;1653704 said:
Do you still have the Oil hole in the beam of the Rods Nash?
(it sprays onto the thrust side then from the Oil rings into the wrist pins.

The "Squirters" have nothing to do with wrist pin oiling.

yae just comon egale rod

the squirters help's with oiling

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
mk3ukr;1627649 said:
Rich, what is oil accumulator on CP pistons?

Adjuster got to it first. Like he said. The pistons have holes drilled that "accumulate" oil on the downward movement of the piston. Some of the oil wiped by the oil rings is forced through these holes to feed the wrist pins.

I don't think you would need to go so far as to rifle drill the rod Nash, unless you plan on doing hours and hours of road racing.