Oil Pump and Bearing questions ??

Fergie76

May 12, 2009
Hendersonville NC
I've got 2 questions I need some help with.

First after tons of reading I am pretty set on running NDC bearings on my build. Not planning on going over 350 - 400 hp. So short of taking a "lucky dip" and getting some clevites from Titan where can I source NDC bearings ?

Second Can anyone explain the difference between these 2 oil pumps both are aisain brand and both are listed for a 90 supra turbo.

Here are the 2 part numbers #: W0133-1606277 and #: W0133-1604788

Here is a link to them both listed on the same site:

http://www.drivewire.com/search/?N=...submodel:Turbo,engine:6 Cyl 3.0L,universal:0)

Last edited:

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
no reason to make you think different on bearing choices, but clevites are just to cheap and to good to pass up for me. Is the only reason your going ndc is due to price or other concerns.
the only difference in the il pumps is that one is direct OE replacement and the other is not, but that being said the price difference is 100 bucks, so although its stated turbo maybe the cheaper one is n/a?

Fergie76

May 12, 2009
Hendersonville NC
From what I have read clevite does not make bearings for the 7m they out source them to others acl, ndc and federal mougal. There is no telling what will actually be in the box. So removing clevite from the list ndc's were the only brand that I could not find a reliable complaint about and they were highly recommended by senior members of the 4-5 boards that I search. All that said I am not having any luck finding them.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Concerning your second question, even though the site lists both the pumps as for a turbo, at the bottom of each description you can see one is for the 7MGE and one is for the 7MGTE. So one is for the turbo and one for the non-turbo. I'm unclear on what the functional differences are between the two pumps but the Toyota EPC shows that the drive and driven gears inside the pump have diffrent part numbers between the two, indicating a possible difference in flow at a given RPM. But without seeing them physically I can't be sure. Maybe someone else can chime in. Since you're rebuilding a turbo you get to go with the cheaper one. Bonus!

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Sealed power are ndc bearings. But it was cheaper to get the ndcs in clevite boxes from driftmotion than ndcs in sealed power boxes from autozone. And from autozone they didn't come with thrust washers.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2