Oil Pressure Sensor Placement and Twitchy Needle.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
Hello!

I have installed a Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge on the line coming from my sandwich plate to my remote oil filter.

It doesnt quite jive with the stock Toyota Pickup gauge (7MGTE is in a 1990 Pickup) and the aftermarket gauge goes over 80PSI (gauge max) when I rev past 3800rpm.

Do I have the gauge reading from the wrong place?

Also the needle is kind of twitchy at whatever psi it is measuring.

The only real oil mods I have are Shimmed pump and remote oil filter with a thermostatic switch to include the stock oil cooler.

Thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
what kind of gauge?

Have you checked your oil pressure with an actual oil pressure tester gauge?

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
It is a mechanical oil pressure gauge. I am unsure of the brand. What size fitting is the stock oil pressure fitting?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No an oil pressure tester gauge. There is a test gauge for checking oil pressure. Much more accurate than a cheap gauge. Need to find out what the actual oil pressure is and then go from there.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
hvyman;1954082 said:
No an oil pressure tester gauge. There is a test gauge for checking oil pressure. Much more accurate than a cheap gauge. Need to find out what the actual oil pressure is and then go from there.

yes, I understand this. That is why I was asking if anyone knows what the stock oil pressure sensor fitting is as I assume that is where I am to measure as per the TSRM.