oil in intercooler and piping.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
ok, I've searched and found a number of things that could be wrong why I'm leaking oil in the intercooler and piping. So my question would be does the PCV on a 2jzgte usually go bad? If so where could i get a replacement? The reason why I'm suspecting the PCV is because when I disconnected it from the suction pipe of the first turbo it quit leaking. (well not leaking as much) It use to be a pool of oil that comes out. So is it ok to keep it disconnected and put a breather on it or should I replace it? Thanks guys

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
You need to figure out what is causing this. Generally, oil in the IC pipes and IC is caused by one of two things:
1. Excessive blowby in the engine, pointing to high wear, worn rings, or cracked pistons.
2. Leaking turbos.

It's unlikely that your PCV is the source of the problem, instead of a symptom.

A compression check or leakdown test will detect the former.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
I did a compression test like you said to, and it all came out 180 all across. It stopped leaking when I disconnected the hose from the PCV pipe that lead to the #1 turbo. Also I've read if you have too much oil too it would cause you to have oil in IC and IC piping. I've checked and on cold its right at Full is that a good thing or a bad thing.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

GrimJack;1549210 said:
You need to figure out what is causing this. Generally, oil in the IC pipes and IC is caused by one of two things:
1. Excessive blowby in the engine, pointing to high wear, worn rings, or cracked pistons.
2. Leaking turbos.

It's unlikely that your PCV is the source of the problem, instead of a symptom.

A compression check or leakdown test will detect the former.

I did a compression test like you said to, and it all came out 180 all across. It stopped leaking when I disconnected the hose from the PCV pipe that lead to the #1 turbo. Also I've read if you have too much oil too it would cause you to have oil in IC and IC piping. I've checked and on cold its right at Full is that a good thing or a bad thing.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

S.A. supra;1549237 said:
sounds like turbo seals gone bad.

I hope its not the turbos'. I wanted to ride it out as long as I can before I start planning on upgrades.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
S.A. supra;1549237 said:
sounds like turbo seals gone bad.

O.k. I take that back. I still have the PCV pipe disconnected though, I did the compression test, (all 180 like I said) and It still leaks. I opened up the IC pipe on the hot side and its pooling. So does that mean the turbo seals going bad?