OEM Bump Stops

spooln6cyl

Mar 28, 2011
Auburn CA
just left my local Toyota dealership with a quote. Doing a full rebuild/replace on my suspension and im in need of some new bump stops. $42.44 for a pair of fronts and $144.56 for a pair of rear bump stops!!! am i crazy to think i need OEM direct or is there any feedback on kyb bellows that come with "bumpers"? seems to be the only company that has both front and rear for an 88 mk3. thanks for any info.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Seems a bit much.

Hit up Jeff at champion Toyota. Should be 40-60 for the rears. He's a vendor on here and sm.

spooln6cyl

Mar 28, 2011
Auburn CA
ya id say a bit much indeed! i will see if i can get ahold of Jeff. thanks. if anyone has opinions on anything other than the Toyota bump stops please feel free to add your opinion. i have spent a ton of time looking these things up and have gathered some info but havent really got a good enough answer as to why i should be using OEM or any others. anyways thanks again hvyman.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I ended up using a set of Porsche stops in the rear of my Mk3, they're nice and progressive.

This was after one of my stock ones split fell off and destroyed a Koni Shock when it bottomed out :(