oem 1jz pistons

gr33kdrifter

Dec 3, 2011
chicago
hey everyone i have a 1jz which needs a rebuild and i want to do an oem rebuild but i cant find anywere can someone find me a link for oem pistons please

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You could get the CP pistons from DriftMotion. You will need to get someone from Japan or Australia to get you a set. Why do you need pistons?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You can get a rebuild kit from DriftMotion. OEM pistons will be hard to get. Contact Curt at Elmhurst Toyota on SupraForums and ask him for a part number, then get back to me and I will see if I can help you.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mentioned in the other thread, but 5m and 6m share pistons, do the 1j and 2j? I would think so... Same bore, same valve count, I wouldn't be surprised if they're interchangeable. There should be a chart of parts that work between the engines on here somewhere...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
te72;1788279 said:
Mentioned in the other thread, but 5m and 6m share pistons, do the 1j and 2j? I would think so... Same bore, same valve count, I wouldn't be surprised if they're interchangeable. There should be a chart of parts that work between the engines on here somewhere...

They are different. I looked into it a while back, I believe its something about skirt length.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
IBoughtASupra;1788287 said:
They are different. I looked into it a while back, I believe its something about skirt length.
Correct. By using an aftermarket piston, you can practically get any skirt length you want. Here's a comparison pic of a 1JZ (left) and 2JZ (right) piston/rod:

p1788439_1.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You can also interchange a lot of the seals. Front and rear main seals should be the same as the 2JZ. I know the front seal is.

The exhaust gaskets, valve cover gaskets, head gasket, intake gasket, throttle body gasket and cam seals are specific to the 1JZ.

I have heard that the 7M valve cover gaskets are the same as the 1JZ but I am not sure. I will take the time and sort it out when I mount the 1JZ on the stand. I can actually make some of these gaskets such as the intake gasket and exhaust gaskets.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I always thought that they were the same piston... then again, the valve sizes are different too, so the reliefs might be different as well. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

Could always pony up for some JUN pistons... and while you're at it, there is a set of Carillo rods for the 1j on here, brand new. Then all that's left is some head porting, bigger valves, tighter springs, aggressive cams, and 11,000rpms of 1jz FURY to be unleashed upon the world. ;)

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
mkiiichip;1788817 said:
They worked for me. Why do you say they don't fit?

hmmm, well maybe I had a bad set. But I ordered new ones from toyota and they did not fit.
I had the 1JZ vcs off and a set of 7M vcs laying around, test fitted them on both and they were long by ~1/2'' for the 1JZ

No pics, this was about a year ago..