obx cam gears

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
ok. well i just bought a set of obx cam gears cam very fast. but the problem now is that, the holes to big and also it sticks out 1-2cm out. now i had contacted the ebay guy and he is a previous mk3 owner and he said that the N/A cams and the turbo cams are different as in the camgear seat. well i just want to make sure this guy isnt joking around. and have any of you guys used a set of obx cam gears???

<edit IJ>

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
I had the exact same problem a couple of years a go. If it is the same person from N. california, I tracked him down like a dog and finaly got a refund... I did a tax search on the address, then I contacted the owner of the property, who was his land lord. He freaked out and sent me my refund...

I got the AEM's and they fit with no problem......

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
yeah thanks guy yeah i called him yesterday and he said he gave me his ups account to ship it back.

yeah im not going to bother getting cam gears until track season starts up again. i need intercooler now lol.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i have kit to install them there for a 2jz but i made a kit so i chould use them on 7m you will have to re clock them back to 7m spec thou

if intrested be me i muchine a spacer to bring the ccam gear out so it whoudl nto rub on the back t cover

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
NashMan;913021 said:
i have kit to install them there for a 2jz but i made a kit so i chould use them on 7m you will have to re clock them back to 7m spec thou

if intrested be me i muchine a spacer to bring the ccam gear out so it whoudl nto rub on the back t cover

yeah i would of braught it to u but i already shipped them back!! damn! but im just going to save up for some proper ones.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
NashMan;913021 said:

Interresting idea..........
Now I know how to put GReddy or HKS cam gears on the 7M.
(I'll be damned before I bolt any thing by OBX onto my car ! :nono: )

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
gofastgeorge;913418 said:

yeah i knoe well cam gears are cam gears lol. and it was a good price so i decided to take a chance.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
it's a cam gear not rocket sience plus there 5 bolts so ummm there fine all so my spacer will work on any 2jz cam gears to work on 7m

gofastgeorge;913418 said:

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
NashMan;913976 said:
it's a cam gear not rocket sience plus there 5 bolts so ummm there fine all so my spacer will work on any 2jz cam gears to work on 7m

So your spacers go between the cam and the cam gear to move it out?