not another BBK thread, but question about r33 conversion?

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
http://mk3ukr-supra.net/Brakes.htm

I've read a few threads about people using the GTR R33 Brembo front brakes off of skylines for the MKIII's front brakes. I think this is great with the combination of evo rear brembo calipers you can now have a matching set of brembos for our mk3's for as much as a wilwood front BBK. I know it's not going to be better then that set-up but to change from single pot calipers to 2 or 4 pot on a budget is great. my problem is I can find all the info I need about the evo rear's but nothing about the skyline front's. Do you still need the cobra bracket kit? I'm pretty sure the cobra rotor is compatible. But by the sounds of it something has to be done for the caliper to fit all the way over the rotor. Trimming the dust hat is easy but I'm worried about anything needing machining. I'd like to have all the spec's before I invest. I'm not trying to take away from what people are doing for the community, but I do enjoy a bit of a DIY challenge and it fascinates me using parts off other vehicles and making them compatible for mine.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Bump, found out it may have been the nightpager bracket the guy used for these brakes not the cobra kit. I've messaged sethron as well to see if he had any info. was hoping to find someone who's done this and let me know their experience with it. I'll keep searching to see if I can't find the person myself.

oh and the other pro to this was I think you could still use a 17" inch rim, I have 18's but their replicas and I found a nice set of 17" advans that are forged I'm planning to switch to. So this is one reason the BBk is out of question for me now.