No Power in Boost: Help Please

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I mean offense but Jetjock why are you so difficult to deal with at times? The guy is asking for our help and knowledge and experience and you give him a hard time because he doesn't know where to start. We've all been there nobody knows how to fix anything from the get go and it is much better and easier to ask people for help instead of reading through page after page after page of blabber until you finally find the information that you need and it is clear and concise. All I am saying is people come here to learn and talk about the cars that we share along with many other things, so why not be helpful to someone in need and help them learn about the car that we love.

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
I appreciate the support Doat but honestly JetJock helped a lot. When he said that his help wouldn't do much good its because he could plainly tell I don't even have the basic knowledge. That along with his other comments drove me to search for the knowledge that I lacked. While yes it would be easier to give a man a fish its better to teach that man HOW to fish.

Maybe I am wrong but somehow I think that is what JetJock does more often than not, its just people get offended and retaliate instead of finding the wisdom behind his comments.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am not saying he should give you a fish I am saying he should give you the rod and teach you how to fish like we all should do. When I say it's easier to ask a question and get the answer you need I don't mean you only learn about your specific problem usually you will get some other info as well but having to read through a bunch of unrelated stuff to find your solution is annoying. That is why I love this forum you get the answer you need along with the reasons why it happens and such.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Huh. Maybe now you understand why I rarely reply to issues you may be having with the car. Or maybe not. It's all good.

I'll bend over backwards for people who make at least some effort to help themselves. Those who're too lazy, want to be spoon-fed, or enjoy being dependent upon others, not so much...

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
When you have a receipt showing your payment for technical services, then you can complain if you're not getting what you paid for. Otherwise, be thankful for any free advice you happen to receive, and be grateful that people with technical skills even bother to respond at all.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
jetjock;1960492 said:
Huh. Maybe now you understand why I rarely reply to issues you may be having with the car. Or maybe not. It's all good.

I'll bend over backwards for people who make at least some effort to help help themselves. Those who're too lazy, want to be spoon-fed, or enjoy being dependent upon others, not so much...
I agree about spoon feeding people
3p141592654;1960493 said:
When you have a receipt showing your payment for technical services, then you can complain if you're not getting what you paid for. Otherwise, be thankful for any free advice you happen to receive, and be grateful that people with technical skills even bother to respond at all.
While true it's not helpful at all to just tell people they will never learn or just be a dick to them in general; otherwise, why make a post in the first place. If you don't have anything helpful to add then don't bother posting in the thread.

Anyway, enough whoring up the thread sorry OP I just had to ask Jetjock what his deal was.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Doat;1960498 said:
While true it's not helpful at all to just tell people they will never learn or just be a dick to them in general; otherwise, why make a post in the first place. If you don't have anything helpful to add then don't bother posting in the thread.

Anyway, enough whoring up the thread sorry OP I just had to ask Jetjock what his deal was.

Why post this then? Even after posting that statement about how non-useful JJ is. Why even bother posting this statement pointing out an obvious flaw in your statement? Well, because I can. JJ doesn't have to help people nor does he even have to post information when people like you ride his ass if he doesn't.

Now enough of this useless banter, JJ has accomplished what he meant to accomplish in this post, even with you poking and prodding. He got the OP to do something for himself, thus research and try to resolve this problem on his own. It's called tough love, he didn't hand the rod to the child nor show him how to use it. He lit a fire under his ass to do it for himself. Well done JJ.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Meh, I'm used to people wanting my nuts in a Dixie Cup. That said I can see both sides of the issue. Perhaps in the future I'll be kinder and gentler so as not to offend the delicate sensibilities of our more effeminate members.

Nah...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jetjock;1960702 said:
Meh, I'm used to people wanting my nuts in a Dixie Cup. That said I can see both sides of the issue. Perhaps in the future I'll be kinder and gentler so as not to offend the delicate sensibilities of our more effeminate members.

Nah...

I'll ban your account if you do as it will be evidence you've been taken over by Pod People ;)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
jetjock;1960702 said:

Nah...
It's not about being sensitive it's just we are here to help each other. At least that is how I see it.