no knock sensors on 92 7mgte

djsilence813

Feb 4, 2012
Tampa,fl
hey guys i got a freshly rebuilt motor and for some reason the people i got it from took off the knock sensors...idk why!!!

but i posted a thread before bout my car turning off when i got to build boost the check engine lights come on and then when i deaccelerate my car shuts off i have a new iac valve,tps,afm etc. all the eternal and everything is brand new
would the knock sensors cause the car to shut off???

also my turbo is spooling "i can hear it" but my car isnt goin any where can yall please help me out
thanks guys

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Sounds like you have more than a couple problems. You need the knock sensors. Without them, I think you're driving in limp mode constantly.

Sounds like you might have a boost leak too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

djsilence813

Feb 4, 2012
Tampa,fl
no im not driving it without knock sensors!!!! i'm not crazy but im asking cause when i bought the car i'm guessing they weren't existent so where can i buy them ?
and my engine is brand new ZERO miles lol and im sorry my iac "idle air control" valve is used picking up a new one tomorrow so ill keep you posted also i knw that by not having sensors it retards the timing im just getting extra info. so if you could please send me a link to by them and the connectors thanks guys