no indicators

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well, I found out yesterday while driving home from work, that I have no turn signals. I have four ways, but no turn signals. I have done the obvious and checked all the fuses at least twice....I had to check it a second time because I was pissed and drinking the first time. :3d_frown: Any ideas?

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
It has to be the turn signal switch or wiring along the steering column. The TSRM is your friend. Since you have flashers, that switch and all the other wiring is fine.

Asterix

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Strange thing is, and I just realized this one.... It all started once I installed my Voltage gauge. I put it where the cig lighter was. I used the wiring from that. Maybe I crossed a wire or something and it now has a short somewhere....Time to start reading out some wires I guess.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
so the hazards work, but not the turn signals, right..?

as for the voltmeter, I have a suggestion..

install an OEM voltmeter from an NA in the cluster, and put your boost gauge where the cigarette lighter is, looks cleaner/cooler that way...

supra22

Apr 15, 2009
Knoxville, TN
RazoE;1520058 said:
so the hazards work, but not the turn signals, right..?

as for the voltmeter, I have a suggestion..

install an OEM voltmeter from an NA in the cluster, and put your boost gauge where the cigarette lighter is, looks cleaner/cooler that way...

^I did the exact opposite and installed an OEM boost gauge in my NA cluster. I did have to cut the ground trace that connected to the negative terminal of the voltmeter before I installed the boost gauge; so I guess you would have to do the opposite when installing an OEM voltmeter in a Turbo cluster. BTW, it was all real simple...all I had to do was follow the TEWD!!!

As for the turn signals not working...you may have accidentally blown a fuse when installing the voltmeter. It happens to me at least every other time I do electrical work on my car...it is so easy to do since everything metal is at negative potential. Another thing to look at is the hazard light switch. Since it is located so close to the cig. lighter, you may have accidentally disconnected it or shorted something out from there. Good luck!

EDIT: OK, I'm dumb...you said you checked the fuses! Oh well...it might still be the hazard switch especially if it is in series with the turn signals (which might explain why the hazards work and the turns do not). IDK, when I get time I will look at the TEWD and see if what I am thinking is even possible.

Last edited: