Nexus One - Cell Phone, Reviews? Anyone

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I just ordered a Nexus One cell phone. I've saw a few videos and read a few reviews. Just wondering if anyone in the supra community has one?

I also got "ONEJARPUS" engraved on the back of it along with Toyota Supra 1.5JZ :) lol free so why not.

Download_01_Nexus_One-540x442.jpg

Power and battery
Removable 1400 mAH battery
Charges at 480mA from USB, at 980mA from supplied charger
Talk time
Up to 10 hours on 2G
Up to 7 hours on 3G
Standby time
Up to 290 hours on 2G
Up to 250 hours on 3G
Internet use
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 6.5 hours on Wi-Fi
Video playback
Up to 7 hours
Audio playback
Up to 20 hours
Processor
Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz
Operating system
Android Mobile Technology Platform 2.1 (Eclair)
Capacity
512MB Flash
512MB RAM
4GB Micro SD Card (Expandable to 32 GB)
Assisted global positioning system (AGPS) receiver
Cell tower and Wi-Fi positioning
Digital compass
Accelerometer
Size and weight
Height
119mm
Width
59.8mm
Depth
11.5mm
Weight
130 grams w/battery
100g w/o battery
Display
3.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touchscreen
800 x 480 pixels
100,000:1 typical contrast ratio
1ms typical response rate
Camera & Flash
5 megapixels
Autofocus from 6cm to infinity
2X digital zoom
LED flash
User can include location of photos from phone’s AGPS receiver
Video captured at 720x480 pixels at 20 frames per second or higher, depending on lighting conditions
Cellular & Wireless
UMTS Band 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900)
HSDPA 7.2Mbps
HSUPA 2Mbps
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
A2DP stereo Bluetooth

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Looks good! I've been looking at the HTC Pure, but I'm on AT&T.
Which carrier is this through? I'm ready for a new phone, finally, the LG VU is going in the junk drawer!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
supra90turbo;1498347 said:
Looks good! I've been looking at the HTC Pure, but I'm on AT&T.
Which carrier is this through? I'm ready for a new phone, finally, the LG VU is going in the junk drawer!

It's through T-Mobile and soon to be Verizon. I read something about it not being able to receive AT&T's 3G signal so it doesn't sound like it will work with them. :dunno:

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
I've got the HTC Magic... It's a similar layout to the Nexus One, but obviously about 6 months older hardware, and they haven't released Eclair for it yet...

I was keen on the Nexus, but it's not available here yet.. and by the time it is, it'll have been replaced by something better... Maybe if we have some left over cash when we're in the US in August, might be able to pick up a non-contracted deal...

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
It is a GOOGLE phone, provided to them by HTC. It is for TMobile. It does not support 3G yet for ATT. Just 2GS, they say in the next few months they will have one to support 3G for ATT & a Verizon version.

check out phonedog.com - i was on that site for hours looking at phoen reviews

I was going to get a Behold II, then a Motoblur, but decided on this one.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
My buddy has it, he hasn't rooted it or anything but runs amazingly smooth and is very quick. Screen is big (vs my g1 / his old mytouch) its very thin, and feels right. Its a good looking phone too. I guess the scratch resistant shit works on it to, it fell out of his pocket when working on his car onto concrete and had no scratches or marks.

If I wasn't spending all my money on my car I would buy one for sure.

RazoE just root your phone and load a 2.1/2.0 build on your phone. I have it on mine and its running good.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
tissimo;1499016 said:
My buddy has it, he hasn't rooted it or anything but runs amazingly smooth and is very quick. Screen is big (vs my g1 / his old mytouch) its very thin, and feels right. Its a good looking phone too. I guess the scratch resistant shit works on it to, it fell out of his pocket when working on his car onto concrete and had no scratches or marks.

If I wasn't spending all my money on my car I would buy one for sure.

RazoE just root your phone and load a 2.1/2.0 build on your phone. I have it on mine and its running good.

Yeah I did OS upgrade on my G1 as well and am very happy too. The Nexus is in my sights for sure only because of the faster hardware.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
how'd you guys root yours?

I've been thinking about it, but i'm afraid I'll screw something up..!

also how does it run, considering there's not much free memory to go around on the G1...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Mine runs great. For the memory issue you'll have to do apps to SD or else youll only have like 10mb for apps. Even at stock clock speeds mine ran better on the 2.1 build vs the old 1.6 I had. And once I upped the clock speeds it was even better. Its like a whole new phone.

My buddy helped me do it (read: did it for me) so I'm not 100% on all the steps. but check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/ on it.