new wheels on the 88T

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i like those wheels but to me they look too small. need to fill in the wheel well a little bit better. IMO. other wise i like.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Those are pretty damn nice. Take a photo with the sun behind you, so we can see how the tires fill the wheel wells, and I think you'll get some better reactions. And a 45 degree angle shot so we can see the lip!

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
They are 17X8.5 and I haven't put my eibach pro kit springs on yet. That should make them fill the wheel wells nicely. I didn't want to go over 17's because of tire cost and the fact that my right foot likes to make them smoke

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
I like 5 spokes best!
gixxer750 said:
They are 17X8.5...
I think the reason why they look 16" as many have guessed, is because sawblades are what we use as a reference many times for what a 16" looks like as far as height. But there is something I noticed: Because of the design on sawblades, the 'contour' going from edge to edge without a break through the center gives sawblades an effect that they are higher than what they really are. Not many rims have the same design, with a single long contour line to get a reference, so as a result, many other 17" rims look like they are the the same size as sawblades.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
here are some more pics.... They will look better when those springs go on and all visible hardware under them is painted gloss black. Those SS brake hoses may be visible also....

Last edited:

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
I have been humming and hawing about those wheels myself. Right now I'm leaning more towards the KZ-B's, but I'd love to see some more pics of your car! I'm tired of photoshopping the KZ-A's onto mine. ;-)

Z

ztosupra

how about a picture of the lip in the back? they do look small, hurry up and get some pictures of it with the prokit installed

edit: oh, and get the rest of the car painted too. its a nice color :D