new to sm!!

A

acsupra

hello guys and girls of sm i just signed up. i dont have a supra yet but i have my eyes on a 88 7MGTE 5spd the body is in excellent shape and i think it only has 130xxx miles. but inorder to get the supra i have to sell my beloved acura legend and my honda accord(lots of money in the motor) do u think i should do it he is askin 4500 for it and its already droped,dvd,system and exhaust but the motor is bone stock do u think i should do it?

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
YIKES
selling 2 cars for a supra???hmmm
are those cars one of your daily drivers?
i would never sell my DD for a supra, thing happen u know
what would u do if u got blown head gasket, which is common in our cars if u didnt know that...
yea if it does hae a MHG and arp in it then keep looking, tell him to take out the dvd system
is it an aftermarket exhaust, ask for what brand it is...
what Down pipe is he using?...

and get some PICS posted

A

acsupra

yea i have run into the bhg before the legends are bad to blow headgaskets and it ended up costin me right at 1000 dollars to fix it. but i have learned a little about cars from building my honda and i can swap the headgasket my self which i think i will if i buy it. which hks metal headgasket do u guys recommend.i think overall the supra would be worth getting rid of my cars cause supras are the shizz and the mklll looks so mean. and yea i got a honda crv to drive when things go wrong. which i am used to by now

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Welcome!

MHG's not necessary if your hp goals aren't too lofty. ARP head bolts/studs are necessary no matter what.

BTW, mine's a DD and the best one I've ever owned. ;)