New member!

ZOMGRSupra21

Aug 11, 2010
St. Cloud, MN
Hello everyone, My name is Jeremy, I've been a long time lurker on this site and finally decided to join up. I have owned 2 supras, my first one was an 86.5 NA manual. My current supra is code named CRAP - Constantly repairing and programming. It is a 1990 automatic turbo (and yes I plan on keeping it automatic :icon_bigg ) It has just over 75k miles on it and i am the second owner. It was sitting since 1996 and when I bought it, I was told it just needed a starter... needless to say it needed a complete rebuild.

So after a couple weeks of letting it sit not knowing how I was going to fix it, one day I just went out and started tearing it apart. It now has a cometic MHG, ARP studs torqued to 90 :icon_bigg:icon_bigg.

When I bought the car, I paid $1500 for it. It is 100% rust free, which in Minnesota, is so hard to find a pre 2000 car that doesn't have rust on it. It was completely stock didn't have a single thing added to it. It has the adjustable suspension, the different power options (blanking on what it's called) and my favorite the targa top. The paint is original with no signs of fading (the car has been sitting for 14 years with a car cover on it, in a heated garage)

The modifcations I have done and plan on doing to it, are very limited. There is a FMIC and a GREDDY Turbo Timer (which if anyone can help me hook the timer up to the engine and use it would be very helpful) I have a Focuz 3.5 or 4 inch dual exhaust tip that I will be adding on.

ZOMGRSupra21

Aug 11, 2010
St. Cloud, MN
I will when I can, all I've been focused on lately is getting it running before college starts up again in 8 days lol. I have a few things left to do to it before I think about pictures, but I will for sure try and get a video of the first start up after sitting for 14 years and a rebuild.

ZOMGRSupra21

Aug 11, 2010
St. Cloud, MN
Well I got her up and running yesterday after i was done with class. All ready put 50 miles on the new engine =] but now I have a new problem =[ I drove her to my moms house and visited for a while and when I went out to start her up for my mom I hear this horrible knocking sound. (previously before this EVERYTHING was fine, no weird sounds, no ticking, definitly no knocking sounds. My first thought was something happened and I got rod knock and I'm back to square one. But when I raise the RPM's to anything above idol the sound goes away completely. The knocking sound only happens when the car is idling... any ideas as to what could have happened? I made sure everything was straight and tight and new oil, new coolant, new fluids around. Ran perfectly fine for 50 miles total, then just out of the blew on start up I have that sound.