New member from Pittsburgh

nsngarage

Jan 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey all you supra nuts!

Little bit about me.. The name is Josh, im 23 and I run a garage in Uniontown, PA. We do mostly car lot work but some consumer stuff as well.. My father owns a car lot so i'm always busy with his stuff and get to play with all kinds of toys during the week :) My other car is a 93 Mazda MX3 with a KLZE motor in it, no boost as of yet, but it's coming. Once I got the supra the MX3 kinda took the back burner lol.. sorry mazda :p

Just picked up an 88 Supra 5 speed, with a 7MGTE in it... Friend of mine asked me if he could store his "new" car in my garage till he had the money to fix it.. I told him no problem, so.. to my surprise I see a flatbed in the front of my house with a freakin supra on it.. Which is and always has been my favorite car lol.. Well months later, with the supra never being touched by him, I made him sell it to me :)

So this is what I know about the car.. The guy who had it, lost compression in either the 3rd or 4th cylinder.. He said he had no idea what caused it.. (turbo car.. not real smart apparently lol) Anyway I get if half torn apart with all the parts in the car and trunk (I hope)...

Anyways, here's some pics of the car :)

mini-DSCF1847.JPG

mini-DSCF1848.JPG

mini-DSCF1849.JPG

mini-DSCF1850.JPG

mini-DSCF1851.JPG

mini-DSCF1852.JPG

mini-DSCF1853.JPG

mini-DSCF1863.JPG

one of the other car

mini-DSCF2044.JPG

Oh, and I paid $400 for it.. so I figured it was well worth it to add it to my family of cars :)

Nice to meet you all :)

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Welcome aboard supramania. There is a ton of awesome information here just waiting to be read. From valve seals to full standalone information you can find it here.

nsngarage

Jan 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
yeah it's an mx3, or was.. i dunno what to call it anymore lol, once my supra is put together im gonna boost it too, but supra > mx3 in the garage :)

turbogoo1

Jun 17, 2006
PA
Welcome! I dont have a mkIII, but three other supras. I am about an hour and half north of you, hope to see you round.