New member, but not new to the forum.

jstricker

Sep 10, 2010
Kansas
Greetings one and all.

I've been lurking here for, oh, maybe a couple of years. I've been involved with a two Supra MKIII team running the 24 Hours of Lemons series mostly here in the central part of the country. We've been to Houston a couple of times, Denver, Omaha, Thunderhill in CA, a few others. Our best finish was 2nd overall and 1st in class at Omaha last month.

I signed up because I'm in the process of building another car that will be run independently from the other two cars with a new team and I'm working on getting it ready right now. The forum is tremendously helpful if you know where to look and although I haven't actually met anyone in person here I do have my favorites that I "seek out" posts from.

The Supra's are a nice Lemons car and well suited. Reliable if you do the head gasket and remember to KEEP IT STOCK because it's an endurance race. The car cutting the fastest lap time rarely wins, the race is won by staying out of the penalty box and effective pit strategy.

I'll try to keep the forum posted on our progress with the car and how we do on the track. Next race: New Orleans in November with the new car!

John Stricker
Russell, KS