New(ish) mk3 owner in the PNW

Action

Jun 28, 2012
Washington
Howdy ladies and gents. My names Kyle and I rescued my 86.5 from a neglecting owner back in April (the guy duct taped a "cold air intake" in there for starters). So this has been my new love, and the longest relationship I've been in so far:biglaugh:! Anyways its been smooth sailing with maintenance and whatnot so far, and I've got plans for her in the works, but I figured I would try to make my first post here somewhat worthwhile instead of a question that you are all probably sick of hearing. Don't have many pictures yet, but I can tell you the custom NASCAR decals and racing stripes that weren't even done tastefully(if they could ever be tasteful) are gone, as well as the Grand Am wheels that were on it at first. Just thought I'd say I'm a proud owner of a mk3, which are kind of hard to come by in my area/county.

Cheers!

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
First off....WELCOME!!!
Second....Pics of the car when you got it. I need a good laugh with the Pontiac wheels, and all the stickers. Didn't the PO know that this is a Toyota and not a Honda? Stickers don't make HP!

Action

Jun 28, 2012
Washington
Phew sorry about the wait guys, I've been about as busy as the amount of time it took me to get back on here. So I wasn't very photo-happy with my Nascar, I mean, Supra when I got her for obvious reasons. There will definitely be more recent pictures soon since I'm taking her down to the rod run. Unfortunately I lost all that horsepower from taking off those Jeff Gordon stickers and racing stripes:cry:.
IMAG0317.jpg

I don't know if this guy thought it was a Honda or what, but he never should have been allowed to even change oil. My hand was in a cast when I bought her, so once I had 2 available hands, the shit I found under that hood and wiring inside the car completely boggled my brain. I could tell them all as campfire stories and keep generations entertained I swear!

I apologize for not exposing the racing stripes, but I took them off like the day after I got her haha. Anywho, I'm up here in Kitsap county, always trying to find parts for the partial restoration and motor build, so you might find me in the classifieds often!

Cheers

Action

Jun 28, 2012
Washington
That would be awesome man, nothing is a necessity yet, but I'd like to snag parts before they do. I'm looking mainly for a 6m crank and oil pan to get the ball rolling with the block assembly, exterior glass trim would be rad as I'm tired of looking at the cracked trim. And if one of the interiors is blue, a driver side door card would be fantastic. I appreciate it man, and I don't mind travelling at all.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
I have a parts car on the side of my house and lots of parts in my garage, you can come by and see if you need anything. Hit me up any time, 360-633-5135, names Gary Graves

Action

Jun 28, 2012
Washington
Hey thanks Gary I appreciate it bro, I'll keep that in mind!

And yeah those grand am wheels were the first to come off, they were awful hahaha.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Hey welcome to SM! I'm on Whidbey Island and I have an 86.5 parts car. If you help me pull the motor, you can have the oil pan and crank. I'm keeping the head and block to prep for a motor build one of these days. Let me know. The car has been pretty well stripped down, but it is an NA car with most of the drivetrain still there. I'm Dane by the way.