New from Kentucky

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
Hello all, Im scott from Hopkinsville, Kentucky. New to the supra crowd, been in the DSM crowd for about 4 years beforehand. I had a 90 laser that I had cloned into a 92-94 talon. I then sold the Talon in August of '12 to buy my first 1988 Supra turbo for a whopping 700 cash. It didnt run and it didnt have seats for whatever reason, and its now my daily. I had lurked the site for a few weeks and Ive learned a lot from everyone here so I figured Id join the community and make my presence known.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Welcome! Glad to see there is another member on here that is really close to me. I live in Clarksville, and there is at least 2 more of us in town and I have a buddy in Ashland City with 2 parts cars left, plus the one I sold him.

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
91Supra313;1936959 said:
Welcome! Glad to see there is another member on here that is really close to me. I live in Clarksville, and there is at least 2 more of us in town and I have a buddy in Ashland City with 2 parts cars left, plus the one I sold him.

I lived in clarksville for the longest time, then finally had an opportunity at a better job here so i moved. Ive seen a few other mk3's in the area, but not very many.Iill post some pics in a bit.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I had two of them. I had a dark blue 88, and now I have a 2J red 90. I haven't really taken the red one anywhere since I fixed all the wiring issues, but once I get done with this contracting stuff probably in a year, I will be repulling the motor, and interior, having all the body work done so it looks good again, prime it, then dip it a deep blue.

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
Yea i have this feeling ill be tearing apart my motor soon. Ive got all the symptoms of a BHG except for the near exploding overflow tank. Ill be doing a block test sometime tomorrow if i get a change so we'll see how that goes.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i get down that way at least once a year.. my parents live there.

probably wont ever see my sup make that trip though(wife and baby+dog) the family dont fit!

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well looks like I could be home as early as end of june beginning of july. We lost the contract to another company and they want to cut the pay drastically. Hopefully they put me in a spot right there at Ft Campbell. If so then I will get in touch with you to check out the Supra. I will be pulling my 2J out for a freshen up, and a dip job on the engine bay and rest of the car.

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
Sounds good, im in the process of piecing together parts for a 7m build so i can build a motor and swap it out in a weekend. ill be using alot of the parts i have on my motor now, but id like to have the big stuff ready to go. i can already tell this shit aint cheap lol.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
If you want to wait until the weekend after I come home in the beginning of July, I can bring me and another Supra guy out there and we can takea look at it, and help ya. We have been messing with Supras for a few days now. lol. Plus since I can't do much to mine yet......would give me a reason to stretch the legs on the 2JZ a bit.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
yeah man get me on yahoo messenger. I have a bunch of parts, and like I said my friend up in Ashland City has 2 parts cars. I wouldn't mind coming out there to help. We aways work on our cars at my place because i have a ton of tools. I need to drive the 2JZ anyhow. yahoo is hks88supra@yahoo.com

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
I don't have yahoo messenger but I'll defiantly keep in touch. I'm currently trying to figure out why my car runs like crap in the rain. I've got a code 24, 31, and 51 stored. I know 24 and 31 are AFM related but it only does it in the rain. The light comes on at idle, the car runs terrible and sometimes stalls but clears up when I start driving again.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Check your connection at the AFM. Mine did that a few times and I had to clean it out with electrical spray and then I just taped it up for a temp fix. I can't remember what 51 is. Been a few since I had to worry about a 7M or an AFM for that matter. My last 7M, I had a VPC and didn't have an AFM in it.

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
The connection is good to my knowledge, like I said it only does this in the rain. Id like to get a maft pro or something like that to do away with the afm and for future mods.