"new" ct26s off the boat from china

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Jon (MDC) and i were in contact with a seller about a year ago who claimed to have new ct26s from china. well i saw them on ebay about 8 or 7 months ago shipping direct from china and with no pictures i was not interested. it appears a local seller is now selling them and posted some pictures. the exhaust and compressor houseing look like toyota castings but there is no telling whats in the center section. i can already see the clamp for the center section is not the oem toyota one. any opinions i might try it out just for the communities sake

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
I've seen the ads for them as well, and I'm not too sure about them. As you note there's no telling what the internals are made of or what kind of quality control was in place for the rotating assembly. In any case best of luck to you if you decide to TOFTT, and keep us all informed. :icon_bigg

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
jack has a good point, just a new shaft will cost ya a nice chunk of change.
I remember seeing these turbos also, and the called out a ansi standard for their quality controll that had little to do with quality controll and more to do with the equiptment they used. kinda shady if you ask me.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
emailed the seller. he has no pictures of the internals of the turbo and was very short and confusing with his answers as far as the origin and design of the turbo. i did manage to get out of him that the turbos are coming in from taiwan not china i think thats a good thing.

j3pz

still learning
supraguru05;1185005 said:
emailed the seller. he has no pictures of the internals of the turbo and was very short and confusing with his answers as far as the origin and design of the turbo. i did manage to get out of him that the turbos are coming in from taiwan not china i think thats a good thing.

the place of origin doesnt matter if the quality control isnt there