New build need help with some wires

Jonasguy

Jan 17, 2017
WA - Washington
What's up everyone, I'm new to the supra world and I have an 86.5 mk3 with an 87 7mgte swap, and I've got all of the wires hooked up except for my trans wires and terminals for the battery. Anyways on the harness there are 4 wires that are cut. Two yellow and two red, they look the same and they go to where the trans is but my w58 trans only has two wires. I also have the original harness for the old motor that works with the trans, is there a way I could splice the wires to the old connector to make my trans work?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Welcome to the end of the forums.
As large a library as this is for information, there are very few contributors these days.
Sadly, Facebook forums have taken most of the traffic away from sites like this, and Supraforums.com
Your best friend here, is the search tab at the top right. With it, you can find answers to nearly every question ever asked about a Supra, whether its for repair, or modification.
To answer your question above; Two wires will be for the reverse light switch. The other two would be for the transmission's abs sensor. If you car does have abs,
but your transmission was from a non-abs car, then you'll need to purchase the abs sensor. All plug&play, no worries. You can certainly steal a connector off the old harness for the reverse light,
And you can find any two wire plug pigtail to use, once you have the abs sensor.

Last edited: