Tucson,AZ
So what do you guys thnk of it ?

When ?
Location ?
Prices ?
Strict Rules ?
Will it last ?

http://www.mmgaz.com...aspeedplex.html

The Arizona Speed Plex Facility is a unique automobile and motorcycle racing facility combining clay track and asphalt track events on separate race surfaces adjoined by common concession, event and retail shopping facilities. The venue will be capable of hosting over 280 event days annually, drawing an estimated number of fans and spectators in excess of 1.2 million from throughout the United States.

The design and building of the Arizona Speed Plex will be to the highest standards of the 21st century incorporating "green" environmental concepts, noise attenuation, and very aggressive dust controls systems. Driver and spectator safety features will be given the highest priorities. The Arizona Speed Plex will attract nationally known racing drivers, international manufacturer's teams and millions of spectators who will test, train, compete and enjoy the thrilling spectacle of motorsports in a unique, modern "cutting edge" racing venue.
"The new Arizona Speed Plex is going to change the image of racing in Arizona. It's what we need for racing entertainment and growth of motorsports!"
Casey Shuman - Sprint Car Driver
The Arizona Speed Plex will feature a number of unique and innovative Entertainment Zone design elements including a 20,000+ seat area amphitheater for award ceremonies and entertainment acts, retail and food service operations, as well as refreshment concessions located throughout the complex. Lighting will be focused and directed to areas necessary for safe operations and will minimize light pollution impacts. The track surfaces will be depressed below grade to mitigate noise and to eliminate the distraction of travelers driving on adjacent public roadways. The grounds will be maintained at the highest of levels with manicured lawns, landscaping and hardscape throughout.

The facility will consist of several components that will bring motorsports to a spectator, family friendly environment including:

1. 1/4 Mile Drag Strip (4,800 linear feet for adequate safety shut down)
2. Three mile Road Course
3. Paved Oval Track - ½ mile (15-18 degree) banked track with an inside 1/3 mile (5-8 degree) banked track inside the ½ mile track.
4. Clay Oval Track – ½ mile (15-18 degree) banked track with an inside 1/3 mile (5-8 degree) banked track inside the ½ mile track
5. Amphitheatre 20,000+/- seating capacity for concerts/auctions etc.
6. Hall of Fame Museum
7. Restaurant Pads and Spaces at the Suite level
8. Vendor / Retail space under the Grandstands
9. Commercial, Industrial, and Retail Opportunity on site
10. Hotel Building Pads
11. Fuel Station / Car wash Pad
12. Facilities for Racing Schools
13. RV parking and support facilities
14. The facility will have the potential for the following:
Youth Carting, Indy Car, Indy Lights, Shift Carts, ¼ midgets, ARCA, IMCA, ASA, USAC, World of Outlaws, ASCS, Lucas Oil Off-road Trucks, Super-cross Motocross, Monster Truck, NHRA, Nostalgia Drag Racing, AMA Pro Series, AMA Pro Series Flat track racing, AMRA, Musical Concerts like (Country Thunder), Schooling/Training (Racing/Automotive Technology), Arizona Bike Week, and so many others.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know the old Field of Dreams saying... "Build it, and they will come."

I know I would LOVE a facility of that nature to be built here, or even within an hour or so (nearest track to me is nearly 3 hours away :( ), but that will never happen. Sounds like a nice facility, but I wonder who's gonna pony up the cash to build it all? Also, I had a laugh at the "Lighting will be focused and directed to areas necessary for safe operations and will minimize light pollution impacts," as if you can't see Phoenix from 100 miles away already. :rofl:

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
te72;1946273 said:
You know the old Field of Dreams saying... "Build it, and they will come."

I know I would LOVE a facility of that nature to be built here, or even within an hour or so (nearest track to me is nearly 3 hours away :( ), but that will never happen. Sounds like a nice facility, but I wonder who's gonna pony up the cash to build it all? Also, I had a laugh at the "Lighting will be focused and directed to areas necessary for safe operations and will minimize light pollution impacts," as if you can't see Phoenix from 100 miles away already. :rofl:

Right lol i live 84 miles from phoenix and i sometimes think i can see the glow. I live on top of a mountain.

but ya it woul be so bad ass if it was built

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
When did Firebird close? That was the one out in the northwest valley, right? Not the one down by Allwhitetuke?

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
te72;1951555 said:
When did Firebird close? That was the one out in the northwest valley, right? Not the one down by Allwhitetuke?

The NorthWest one is Speedway...to my knowledge that one is still there and open.

Firebird was the one down in ahwatukee...it closed in April 2013. I have heard rumors that it will be reborn under new management though...fingers crossed

doonsuka

May 27, 2011
AZ
Firebird and Speed World were both said to close around the same time. They say that the Indian reservation is supposed to keep Firebird open though. Where is thi new track supposed to be at?