Need to do my 1jz swap help!!

86mk3

Dec 6, 2009
santa fe, nm
I got a gooood deal on a 1jz but now i need a place where i could get the swap done. Please help some guy just told me over 1700, thats a big number please tell me theres better deals out there. Thanks

located lancaster ca ..la county

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
Thats not a terrible price (seems to be the going rate on the east coast) considering all that is necessary and the coolant, fluids and oils and whatnots that add up behind the scene.

thaiyota

Sep 14, 2006
supravile
the best deal would be do it yourself, buy a set of BIC bracket, yank out ur harness and send it to dr.tweak that it everything else is candy

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Uhm. I just did a guys supra for 1220.00, that included taking the motor apart doing new valve stem seals, cleaning every motor part with a tooth brush, doing the wiring harness lol. I live in Michigan.

I might start doing harnesses for people 300.00.

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
How far are you from kaizen or driftmotion? They're both on this board and have excellent reps. The cheapest way would be to do it yourself, but if you're not confident enough for that yourself, research and find a reputable person. These things aren't cheap to build or maintain. It's easy to spend more on the accessories needed to do the swap (intercooler, piping, exhaust, fuel system, fluids, the list keeps going) than the motorset itself. Buying shitty parts and paying for shitty work only gives you headaches, do it right the first time otherwise you'll be paying for it twice.

86mk3

Dec 6, 2009
santa fe, nm
thanks guys but i ditched the 1jz swap for now and sold the 86 na and went ahead and bought a 87 7mgte thats damm near perfect so ill start fixing that slowly but surely who knows i might even do the 1jz swap into this one in the future but thanks for the advice and ill be posting pics asap