Need some help upping my boost to 30psi

Randy87T

Oct 1, 2009
Iowa
I am running E85 with a T61 and wanting to hit that 600whp mark. I am thinking it will take close to 30psi to get there.
If the t61 can't get me there then may change the turbo to an sp63 or even a billet 6266 but want to try with the t61 first.

I know I need to change my porsche bov but to what? There are alot of good options just don't know which one.

I have a 1 bar spring in my Tial 38mm wg but it must have weakened some. It's reading .9 bar boost with the controller off. Was wondering if I should add a
smaller spring to insure 30psi.

The safc will be coming out and an MS3 will be going in soon also using an avcr for boost control.

The rest of my setup is in my sig. If you know of something else that I need to add/change/consider to be 30psi ready for the dyno then please chime in.

Thanks
Randy

Last edited:

Randy87T

Oct 1, 2009
Iowa
Will be going with a Megasquirt 3 which is a standalone. I know that they have made high 20's and 600+whp on that turbo in the past so wanted to give it a try first but that was obviously with some great tuning. If the t61 doesnt do the job then time for a new turbo. Thanks for the help.