need some help understanding!

DiZzy

DropZero
Mar 31, 2008
surrey BC
ok so i have been thinking of getting a new turbo and i have been looking on ebay >.< because money is tight and im looking for a turbo for my baby! i have a 1987 toyota supra going to a 5spd swap blah blah blah lol so i have asked a seller withhis shop o_O and he said that T70 T4 STAGE TURBO CHARGER would fit onto my car, i have sent him a Q: on who makes this turb so on and so on another thing that caught my eye was he has a T3/T4 Hybrid 57trim turbos and me not knowing very much about this stuff what should i do!? for the T70 T4 he wants $340 shipped with insurance but i mean dose T70 mean its a 70 trimm!? i dont want something THAT big lol im only looking for a 57 or 60 trimm even then im not realy looking for a 60 considering i am going to do a rebuild on the motor! all the help from you guys would be much apreaciated!

Gary.

DiZzy

DropZero
Mar 31, 2008
surrey BC
well dose anyone know of any decent turbos for sale and that arnt super expensive!? now im just looking to replace my CT26 lol anything would help

Gary.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
www.driftmotion.com will rebuild your ct26 with a 57 trim and that's really all you need. They are very reputable and that turbo off of ebay wouldn't last you a year. Do what you want, but I'd save up and buy a turbo from a reputable company that is going to stand behind their warranty and not be out of business when you need them the most. You should really call Aaron at driftmotion and find out about their rebuilds. Good luck.

We have a couple of vendors on here that sell turbos. Dont' go to ebay. You can buy one good turbo now, or one cheap one and then one good one later. The choice is yours.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
T70 for 340shipped is china made at its worst.

spend the extra 200 and get your turbo rebuilt with a 57trim wheel. it'll be some of the best money you ever spend. and not to mention that driftmotion is one hell of a great company!

DiZzy

DropZero
Mar 31, 2008
surrey BC
alright i shall go with drift motion spend a little extra and get my beast roaring again! i kinda figurd not to trust the ebay crap but imo its realy hard not to drool at those prices on ebay i mean come on $340 for a 70-trim turbo that would make anyone cream! lol but i figurd it was cheap china crap so i will go for a 57-trim CT-26 and have a sexy party in my car >.> today.....when no ones looking lol thanks guys for the help!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
There's an old saying ya know....................If it's too good to be true.......................

You have been given great advise. You should also read up on the additional upgrades you need along with an upgrades turbo. I think with a good motor and just an upgraded CT-26, you could get away with less than what everybody recommends because everybody is doing it with the monster builds. You at least need to upgrade your exhaust, so it can breathe, and get an open air filter. Intercooler and fuel would be the next step after that, and some type of tuning device after that, but these won't be a must yet.

DiZzy

DropZero
Mar 31, 2008
surrey BC
i love informations so lets see current upgrades so far 1)3inch DDP 2)modifyed stock AFM with K&N Cone intake 3) Turbosmart manule boost controler 4) soon to be put on Turbosmart type 1 BOV 5) R154 rebuilt 6) tires and suspension done thats all thats done and going to be done next then my turbo will be done and P/S rack replaced and so on but these are the upgrades i have done right off the bat.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Looks like you are doing things correctly then. I was unaware when I typed that. You should be OK with an upgraded CT once the rebuild is done. I would suggest using ARP studs and a well torqued head before installing the turbo. There's plenty of good head gasket info to be found here. It's the weak link in the 7M, so the better informed you are the better on it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
A stock headgasket will hold though, if that's what you've got. I made 430rwhp on a stock headgasket, but I did have arp studs torqued to 80lbs.

DiZzy

DropZero
Mar 31, 2008
surrey BC
hmmm this is true i have alot of help with this stuff :p my best friend is helping me with my 5spd swapp and vansupra is the guy i ask all the questions :D but its also good to ask around as he says lol well it seems i might be doing a full rebuild aswell >.< damit well then i guess i know were to start

thank you everybody for helping and suggestions from all of you keep adding them with opinions and recomendations as i will keep this thread open im always looking for somthing better to add to my car!

ModularTurbo

MasterPower Rep
May 4, 2008
Homestead, FL
www.modularturbo.com
DiZzy;1045329 said:
hmmm this is true i have alot of help with this stuff :p my best friend is helping me with my 5spd swapp and vansupra is the guy i ask all the questions :D but its also good to ask around as he says lol well it seems i might be doing a full rebuild aswell >.< damit well then i guess i know were to start

thank you everybody for helping and suggestions from all of you keep adding them with opinions and recomendations as i will keep this thread open im always looking for somthing better to add to my car!

any turbo that cost less than 500 bucks has a 99.9999999% probability that it is chinese crapola especially if its on ebay. I might be able to get you something affordable call me 252-562-3899