Need some feedback!!

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Well, I went down to the drags for the second time in my life lastnight and I tried my best, I'm still obviously trying to figure out the perfect launch. Tell me what you guys think, advice, etc. I'm running an 89 7MGTE with terrible dean stinger street tires, mods: 3" exhaust, K&N intake, HKS BOV.

Attachments

• timeslip.JPG
    timeslip.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
thats actually really not a bad time for your mods, your 60 ft could improve about a 2 tenths but i wouldn't expect much better than low 14's with those mods even if your a kick nuts driver, what did you race against? both your rt's could be improved, read the drag strip success thread and next time you go to the track maybe you could try stalling the car at about 4500rpm and slipping the clutch and feather a little if your loosing grip. try hitting it after you see the second amber, its different for most people but you might start to see better rt's doing so and then find your groove after that.

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
boostadikt said:
your 60 ft could improve about a 2 tenths but i wouldn't expect much better than low 14's with those mods even if your a kick nuts driver, what did you race against? .

yes it could improve a bit with some nicer tires which in turn would put me low to flat 14. I wouldnt expect any better than low 14s either but hell my car was bone stock 2 months ago i bet by the time the track opens back up in march i will be doing low 13s at the rate im planning on going. Btw........that car i raced against, was an old school VW Beetle. stomach that one :icon_razz

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
they up the displacement big time, the cylinders bolt to the block using studs so they buy aftermarket ones that almost double the bore, throw a turbo on it that sits back there and just dumps strait out.... put a basic efi system on it with 2 tb injectors... you can make 450hp of it and run low 10's no problem.