Need help w/fcon on 1jzgte

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
I'm hoping that some one on here can help answer a couple of questions for me. First I will list my mods;
  • 3"DP W/y-pipe
  • HKS COLD AIR INTAKE
  • HKS dual exhaust
  • HKS SSQ BOV
  • HKS FCD
  • WALBRO 255 L.P.H. FUEL PUMP
  • VOODO MECHANICAL BOOST CONTROLLER
  • GODSPEED 4" INTERCOOLER
  • USDM 2JZGTE cams
  • stock twins

The issue I seem to be having is that when boost goes over14.7 psi(1bar),boost cuts. I am sure that this is because of the map sensor that is stock & or the ecu. I have an HKS PFC FCON w/370cc injector prom and boost pressure sensor that I am assuming is the 3 bar one.

My question is: If I install this will it help that problem or due to the cams I am using (I believe that they cause the injctors to run @ over 90% duty cycle) fry out my injectors? If I can use it, do I remove the 1 bar sensor? If the injectors will end up toast, can I place my JDM 440's in instead, even though the prom is for 370cc injectors? Can I just swap sensors and not use the fcon?

I would like to take the power on this car up a notch or two but boost cut will not allow it.

Last edited:

TrInisTalLion

May 28, 2009
Queens, Ny
Divin' Devin;1323432 said:
I know some of the old school guys have experience with this, please advise.

I have the same fcon and from the research i did you CANNOT just plun in your 440's you would need to buy the chip from HKS. And your boost cut is happening coz you're probably already maxing out their duty so the best bet is to sell the fcon and get the emanage ultimate and get it tuned (the route that i am going until i get some real money). The pfc fcon is an old unit, mine just came with my car. If you plan on using the pfc for a little while you should get a gcc, the chip 440 or 540cc chip, and wideband sensor to be on the safe side. Good luck with your build.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
What ROM is in your F-con?

The ROM for the stock injectors on the 1JZ was an E105 (later called the E705).
This is the same ROM used for the 7M.
To go to larger injectors on the 7M, the F-con used a ROM # E164.
So most likely, larger injectors on the 1JZ will have to use the E164.

I have one, plus a custom burned F-con 1JZ rom, for unknown injectors.
PM if you are interrested in them.

I doubt changing the MAP will allow you to use the larger injectors.
And HKS never claimed that the F-con would take care of boost cut problems.
The VPC did, well fuel cut problems anyway.

Many of the 1JZ F-cons I have seen, and an FCD wired into them (fuel cut defensor).