Need Help! Kenwood Unit install

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
I have looked up the kenwood wires matched them with the wires correctly for the harness. Made sure there were no bad connections on the power wires, but no power to the unit : / possibly it wont come on because i havent grounded it correctly put it under a bolt on frame... dont know what to do anyone got ideas?

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
LordChase;1235160 said:
I have looked up the kenwood wires matched them with the wires correctly for the harness. Made sure there were no bad connections on the power wires, but no power to the unit : / possibly it wont come on because i havent grounded it correctly put it under a bolt on frame... dont know what to do anyone got ideas?

ACC maybe

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
Pernilongo;1235485 said:
ACC maybe
i just spliced all the wires. i did rehook up the old cd player and no poer there either. so it is deffinately related to the power supply. i would like to run new wires to it not sure what or how to do it. cant find any helpful thing online. run a wire from the pos terminal to which wire? neg terminal to which? and i have it grounded to the screw under then seat(seat is out) does that work?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
check your fuses. all of them, not just the one that says radio.

Don't run new wires, that's a terrible idea.

LordChase

Boost Lover
Dec 11, 2006
Greenwell Springs, LA
all my regular fuses are good i didnt check the boxy shaped ones, ill check them just to make sure. And if i cant get power i see no other way but to run new wires. i just want to be able to turn it on while car is on.