0706210484.jpg

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
mecevans
thanks for the photo
do you have a ss street dampers ? yes?
and you say that the 16-9 kg spring is hard yes? but where is hard at the front or at the rear??

P.D. really I recomend you the Flex type coilover with a biger sway bars for a fast street and mountain use and also on a closed track with standars tyres but with the edfc .
I was very happy with those untill I turn my car into a pure track car.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
after seeing the photos of that Jap supra I am with Lorddigital about maybe is better to adjust the camber at the lower arm.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I will order a set of coilovers with a 18-10 spring rates because it is which looks the ideal for pure racing and we will see if will it be possible to use on a public roads.
if you say (lorddigital) those rates are good for you.... it will be good for me
thanks

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

lordiggital are your coilovers made in aluminium??

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
josbeat;1730877 said:
Lord
the wheels are 10"x18" ET40 front and 11"x18" ET35 (with the spacer adapters) and I can tell you that my car can be full lowered with out rubbing problems but due a soft spring they are touching the top of the fenders but only the top and only at the front.

For some reason I was under the impression that your ET was over 50...

josbeat;1730877 said:
and I know that the 660 slick diameter is not the ideal (stock diameter is 624) but on a second hand slicks is what i can get
I tryed to fit the biggers rims I can with the standar rolled fenders (homologation limits)
I was thinking that the wheel track is bigger now than the standar from factory.... i will see

It sucks that the FIA losers REQUIRE standard rolled fenders ,this is a huge limitation. You are extremely lucky that you wre able to get homologation (probably with organization representing FIA in Spain) ,in most EU countries this is not even remotely ($$$ = bribe) possible especially with bolt on cage.

josbeat;1730877 said:
NO at the moment standar subframe bushings
can you tell me the avantages???

Huge advantages ,this is a GT car with GT style inserts for the the sub-frames - in other words LOTS of flex from the factory. Now add 25 years of use to that...

josbeat;1730877 said:
with a harder spring rates ,it will be lowered more than now but taking care of the roll center point and the speed bumps height here in Spain , here in my town the town hall tourned mad puting a lot of speed bumps on all streets !!!!

I hear you ,with my car I have some real hard time getting out of my driveway (no bumps at all ,just a driveway going into the street). Roll center is another big concerned when car is lowered too much...

josbeat;1730877 said:
yes it is thruth , our wheel base is not the ideal and like you say we need to get as big wheel tack as possible.
But on my last track day test my supra was as fast on low speed corner as low wheel base race cars (TRACK EVO and CLIO CUP CARS) and was fasted on a hig speed corners so i am happy , like a told you , i want to eliminate a little bit the body roll and a 2.5º negatie camber plus my powerfull engine and plus the dog box 6 speeds wowwww!!! IT can be a fast car! jejeje

I tried to eliminate the standard track differences , so now a line i the middle of the tires is the same front and back, I had no information about what is the best wheel track and I was suppousing that the oversteer problems came by that track difference... I have room to play anyway.

now I am talking with a companny who can make a custom made coilovers with a separate rebound and compression adjustment, the last thing is the spring rate choice.
but reading your comments about yours dampers.... if you say those are mutch better than the RAs I will consider that option.

Well if you have money to spend you can always talk to Ohlins ,at least they are not too far from you:)

josbeat;1730877 said:
I want to show you some ideas I have to get the car lowered with out loose the roll center point or almost get the supra very low maintaining the suspension arm angels as better as possibe.

uhmm I`ve seen those custom lower arms before in other forum.... I just started with my proyect after see that thread and also I took some ideas like the woodward stering column but I prefer to move the camber at the top because it dosnt change the track and also it will no need to adjust the toe a lot.
I like to have the possibility of adjust everything at the track.
wait till I send you the FIA book where are all the different suspension arms toyota made.
with 2.5º-3º of neative camber will be sufficient for me and with the double wishbonne also ....yes??? it is what Dunlop and Toyo recomend for theirs race tyres

I would not consider too much Toyo or Dunlop recommendations ,unless they make them as some common baseline. McPherson and Double Wishbone car would have totally different static camber. Once you get a way to adjust it you will find what is ideal for you all that you need is a temp sensor and practice runs. For me I found that these Alignment specs work best for my car and my tires (Dunlop Direzza Star Spec) ,for example if I add more camber in the front the car steers better but my breaking points go up with one mark ,if I add more camber in the rear my exit corner acceleration traction is gone... It is all practice ,practice...

josbeat;1730877 said:
yes my doors are a carbon fibre door set from Japan they only weight 2,5 kg each but I still have the electric windows lifters and the stock heavy mirrors. (seeking a companny who can make a mirros plates in carbon to fit a F1 style carbon mirrors)
if in the furture I use the car only at the tracks , my plan is to get a set of plexi glass fron Japan (rear, doors and sides) no windows lifters , bigger custom made carbon fenders DTM style front and rear (I have a friend who can make it here sheap) set the engine at lower possition than now , front lip and cannards, rear carbon hatch, no front beams and the electric motors.... and maybe it will be close to 1250 kg. ehh?

I guess that the FIA losers REQUIRE you to have windows? The most FRENCH (stupid) requirement in the motorsports world... 1250 will be very very difficult ,but you can get close with all these mods.

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
josbeat;1730887 said:
look at that!
http://forums.lorddigital.com/Project/Race MA70 Pics/
so those racing photos are yours!! I have no idea!
I had it on my favourite sites list many years ago jeje
i have more race supras photos and videos if you like it.

Yes this a folder with my collection ,I got a few more after that - one of them is the greatest MA70 racing history photo showing how Bemani team was - 3 RaceCars:

BTW if you have any send them to me I can add them to the lorddigital.com folder. And do not forget the FIA book too:)

Attachments

• Berm Supra Team (3 cars).jpg
    Berm Supra Team (3 cars).jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 6

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
josbeat;1731681 said:
[/COLOR]lordiggital are your coilovers made in aluminium??

Tein RA were AL ,Buddy Club is steel. UnSpring weight is really not that much different tough ,only disadavtage of steel is that they rust and adjustment becomes an issue.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I havent forgotten , I been trying to buy a new scanner the other day because I dont have it in my house only at my work and I have not time at work.

so it will be during this weekend

Thats thruth , With the FIA rules I must to keep the glasses but only if I will participate on a FIA competition what never know! but I dont think so.
jeje

I have photos of two english Supras jeje one with a cosworth engine and the other with a big big rear fenders jeje I ll send those to you

Ohlins is close to me jeje yes and you can not imagine how hahaha ! because one of the founding member is a client in my garage jejeje but he sold his part of the companny...
I will tell you what is the spec of the new dampers I will order
Ajustable Double spring system with 18-10 kg
Track spec valves
Iverted monotube shock
separated rebound and compression with a remote bottle
top pillow ball plates with an ajustable damper posittion (out-in)
all but I really good price
I will see how they work (you have what you pay)

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
havent visited supramania in a while but glad i stumbled across your build thread and now this tech thread since im building a car very similar to yours (exclusign gearbox setup) and was also keen to learn more about springrates as i plan to buy some swift spring to help reduce the weight.

dont want to rub it in but ive got two sets of jic control arms (one on track car and the other for street car to fit 18x10.5 +20" rims) can get stupic amounts of camber with them (around 6 degrees)

im runnign aragosta coilovers however yet to track on them. they light as (being aluminium) and expensive as fuck new so fingers crossed they half decent. factory springrates for them are 12.8 and 8.7 (or there abouts but they run a progressive rate spring). downside of these springss is they are very heavy and long so theres prob about 1 kilo per corner to drop by switching to swifts.

also running arc hollow swaybars with adjustable sperical endlinks (also so much lighter then stock/whiteline options).

are you runnign full slicks? ill be runing 280/680s on the rear and somethign around 240 on the front. i expect these tyres would influence springrates slightly?

also, for those in the know, how much does the cars weight influence spring rate descision? im expectign to be well into the 11XX kg zone

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
disturbed1;1733360 said:
havent visited supramania in a while but glad i stumbled across your build thread and now this tech thread since im building a car very similar to yours (exclusign gearbox setup) and was also keen to learn more about springrates as i plan to buy some swift spring to help reduce the weight.

dont want to rub it in but ive got two sets of jic control arms (one on track car and the other for street car to fit 18x10.5 +20" rims) can get stupic amounts of camber with them (around 6 degrees)

im runnign aragosta coilovers however yet to track on them. they light as (being aluminium) and expensive as fuck new so fingers crossed they half decent. factory springrates for them are 12.8 and 8.7 (or there abouts but they run a progressive rate spring). downside of these springss is they are very heavy and long so theres prob about 1 kilo per corner to drop by switching to swifts.

also running arc hollow swaybars with adjustable sperical endlinks (also so much lighter then stock/whiteline options).

are you runnign full slicks? ill be runing 280/680s on the rear and somethign around 240 on the front. i expect these tyres would influence springrates slightly?

also, for those in the know, how much does the cars weight influence spring rate descision? im expectign to be well into the 11XX kg zone

wow! those coilovers looks good!

again .. wow!! two Jic magic uper arms!! do you want to sell me one pair?????

do you have a building thread somewhere where look your cars??

12,8 kg spring at the front look´s too soft if you are using the 7MGTE

yes I am runnig full dunlop slicks 265x660 and 285x660 on a 18" OZ rims , maybe 660 is to big for front but Im feelling well with those tyres and the rears are the perfect for me. With those tyres my old spring rates turn to soft specially at the front
but i need to wait to see how my new coilovers (18-10 kg springs) work with those tyres

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

here you can see how soft is 12-6 with a tein flex on MY 1300 kg supra
try to stop the video just when i touch the uphill chicanne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPpA8AwqD4

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
but wait! because this week end I will sed you the rest of the book , this is only the half of the book hehehe!